If you have decided to start your own business, below are links to help you find out about opportunities in Clark County, contact members of the local business community, and get a business license.Chambers of Commerce
- Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce
- Camas-Washougal Chamber of Commerce
- Clark County Chamber of Commerce
- La Center, North Clark County Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce
Businesses consisting of more than one person might require a Federal Employer (tax) Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service.
State of Washington Business Licensing
Anyone conducting any business in Washington must register for a Master Business License and obtain a UBI (Unified Business Identifier) number for tax purposes. A permit might be required for home businesses in unincorporated Clark County and some cities require business licenses.
Unincorporated Clark County Home Business Permit
A business operating out of a home might require a permit. The review process depends on whether you are in the urban or rural area, and the impacts the business may have on the neighborhood.
- Battle Ground requirements
- Camas business requirements
- La Center business License application (PDF file)
- Ridgefield business assistance
- Vancouver business requirements
- Vancouver tax and franchise information