So, you have decided to start your own business. Here are links that can help you find out about opportunities in Clark County, contact members of the local business community, and get a business license.Chambers of Commerce
- Battle Ground Chamber of Commerce
- Camas-Washougal Chamber of Commerce
- Clark County Chamber of Commerce
- La Center, North Clark County Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce
Businesses consisting of more than one person may require a Federal Employer (tax) Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service.
State of Washington Business Licensing
Anyone conducting any business in the state of Washington must register for a Master Business License and obtain a UBI (Unified Business Identifier) number for tax purposes. A permit may be required for home businesses in unincorporated Clark County and some cities also require business licenses.
Unincorporated Clark County Home Business Permit
Businesses operated out of the home may require a permit. The review process depends on whether you are in the urban or rural areas, and the extent of the impacts the business may have on the neighborhood.
- Battle Ground Requirements
- Camas Business Requirements
- La Center Business License application (PDF file)
- Ridgefield Business Assistance
- Vancouver Business Requirements
- Vancouver Tax and Franchise Information