Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Clark County Courts > County Clerk > Family Court Facilitator

Family Court Facilitator

Other Languages

To display this page in Russian or in Spanish.

Location:1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA (1st floor of Courthouse)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

A fee of $20.00 must be paid to the Clerk's Office prior to your visit with the Court Facilitator. We accept cash, credit or debit cards but no personal checks. Be sure to take your receipt with you for verification.

The Facilitator is available for In-person assistance only, no telephone calls are accepted.

Scheduled Appointments: Scheduled Appointments are not available at this time.

First Come/First Serve Walk in Appointments: Walk in clients are accepted during normal business hours. If you choose a walk in time between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., please take a number from inside of the Court Facilitator's office when you arrive and wait in the main lobby for your number to be displayed. Please note, the Facilitator's Office is closed from 12:00 - 4:30 p.m. on Wednesdays.

What does the Family Court Facilitator provide?

The Family Law Facilitator helps people who do not have a lawyer. The Family Court Facilitator is provided to the public at a minimal fee, as a service of the Clark County Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Facilitator is not an attorney nor qualified to give legal advice in any particular case. The Facilitator's role is to inform people about basic court requirements. For example, the Facilitator can try to answer your simple questions about how to get a case filed in court and where a hearing will be held. The Facilitator can tell you when forms might be incomplete and, therefore, not ready for filing.

The Facilitator can provide information only on the following issues:

  • Dissolution (Divorce)
  • Paternity (Support and/or Custody-Parenting Plan when parents are not married)
  • Modification of Child Support and/or Custody-Parenting Plan
  • Contempt
  • Non Parental/Third Party Custody
  • Relocation

The Facilitator is available to answer the same kinds of questions for your spouse or opposing party, even though the Facilitator has discussed the case with you. It is important to keep in mind the following:

  • The Facilitator cannot give you legal advice, help you with legal strategy, or tell you how your case will come out.
  • The Facilitator cannot take sides.
  • The Facilitator is not responsible for the accuracy of the information you have in any forms or papers you file or use in court.
  • The Facilitator does not and can not represent you.

All cases are serious. You are advised to consult an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney ask the Facilitator to suggest any community legal services that may be available to you.

Guardian Ad Litem Step-parent Adoption and Post Placement List:

Guardian ad Litem Registry for Adoptions (PDF - 14KB)

Where to get forms:

*Please note New Domestic Forms are available on the State's forms web page at

Please review our Facilitator Tip Sheet

Where to Get Forms Help Page

 Clark County Clerk's Office Sells the Following Packets: Free Checklist Available     Download Forms for Free at the Following Web site:
 Dissolution with Children            $50;
 Dissolution with No Children       $30  Checklist;
 Domestic Partnership with Children  (Checklist Only, No Packet Available)  Checklist;
 Domestic Partnership without (Checklist Only, No Packet Available)  Checklist;
Documents Required to Finalize Your Dissolution   Free Form
 Establishing a Parenting Plan and/or Child Support     $50  Checklist;
 Establishing Paternity                 $50  Checklist;
 Modification of Child Support       $30  Checklist;
 Modification of Parenting Plan     $30  Checklist;
 Non-Parental Custody                 $50  Checklist;
 Relocation                                   $30  Checklist;
 Information for the Following Family Law Matters:    
 Certification - needed for finalization of dissolution per local court rule 11(a)    Free form (Word doc)
Change of Address Form    Free form (Word doc)
 Citation - used to schedule court hearing    Free form (Word doc)
 Contempt of Court Actions  Checklist;
 Domestic Partnership Rights  Information  
 Family Law Handbook                  Handbook 
 Financial Declaration - required by court in some situations    Free form
 Miscellaneous Forms  Checklist;
Notice to Set For Trial - Family Law Courts Free Form (Word doc)
 Temporary Orders  Checklist;
Ex Parte - Short Term Order  Checklist

Other Resources for Forms:

Free Forms and Explanations at
Free Forms and Explanations at Washington Courts Web site

Clark County Law Library, 1st Floor of the Courthouse, 1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA. The Law Library has master forms that can be copied on site for 15 cents per page. For more information, including hours of operation, please see the Law Library web page.

Fort Vancouver Regional Library, 901 C Street, Vancouver, WA.  Call for hours at (360) 906-5106. Copies are 10 cents per page.

Other Agencies that Can be of Service in Family Law Matters:

Northwest Justice Project/CLEAR
1-888-201-1014  Web site:
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Local Office:  500 West 8th Street #275, Vancouver, WA
Volunteer Lawyers          
Intake Phone Calls:
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 
Phone: (360) 695-5313    
DSHS Division of Child Support

800 NE 136th Ave, Suite 210

Vancouver WA  98684
Phone: (360) 696-6100 or

(800) 345-9984

Clark County Prosecutor's Office - Child Support Division
800 Franklin Street #100
Vancouver, WA
Phone: (360) 397-2265
YWCA of Clark County
3609 Main Street
Vancouver, WA
Phone: (360) 696-0167
Domestic Violence hotline - 24 hour Phone: (360) 695-0501

Domestic Partnerships can be registered with the Secretary of State's Office in Olympia effective July 22, 2007.  Please go to the following Web site for forms and information:

If you have further questions or need further assistance, please call the Clerk's Office at (360) 397-2292.

top of page

Clark County Clerk's Office
Street Address: 1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-2292 | Criminal: (360) 397-2295 | FAX: (360) 397-6099
Juvenile (360) 397-2073 | Collections Unit: (360) 397-6085
TTY: (360) 397-6172

Responsible Elected Official: Scott G. Weber , County Clerk

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice