Location and Hours
* The Law Library is open only from 9:00 until noon on the third Monday of each month due to a Board Meeting in the afternoon.
The Law Library sells the following form packets. Packets must be purchased at the Law Library. The law library can only accept cash. If you have any questions please call (360) 397-2268.
- Eviction by Landlord (Residential) - $50.00 (Last updated 3/12) Instructions and forms needed to do a basic eviction where the tenant stopped paying rent or the lease has expired and the tenant won't leave.
- Garnishment - $30.00 (last updated 7/12)
Forms and instructions to do a garnishment after a money judgment has been awarded.
- Lawyer referral sources (PDF)
- Eviction and garnishment form kits (PDF)
- Law Library general information (PDF)
About the Library
By statute, the Law Library provides a professional legal collection for judges, prosecutors and other lawyers, and county and state officials. This collection is open to the public anytime the library is open.
The library is very self-service; staff can assist in finding material but cannot give legal advice or interpretations. On average, 80 percent of reference questions asked in this library are posed by members of the general public.
The library is used by students, pro se litigants (people acting as their own lawyers), other area libraries, businesses and even an occasional genealogist. Neighboring public and academic libraries complement rather than duplicate the collection. The library also serves to fill requests by inmates for materials not found in the county Jail library.
The library has a collection of materials including Washington case reports, The Washington Lawyers Practice Manual, Jury Verdicts Northwest, Northwest Justice, Washington State RCW and WAC, and the US Code Annotated. There are also a variety of other reporters and practice aids. The Library has Westlaw and Shepards online, but these must be used at the library.
Jail Contract 2015-2016 (PDF)
Board of Trustees
The Law Library is managed by a Board of Trustees according to RCW 27.24.
Current Board Members
- Rachel Brooks
- Judge Fairgrieve
- Judge Gregerson
- David Madore
- Meridee Pabst