2016 Comprehensive Growth Management Plan update
About the 2016 update project
Clark County is updating its Comprehensive Plan. The current plan, adopted in 2007, covers 2007 to 2024. The update will extend the current plan's growth outlook from 2015 to 2035. We expect to complete the update project in June 2016.
Updates will refresh policies and elements of the plan with an eye toward population and employment growth over the next 20 years. With this growth comes potential for increased demand for residential, commercial and industrial land, parks, schools, services, utility facilities and roads. The 2016 update focuses on future land use needs in unincorporated urban areas, but has links to planning in cities, rural areas and the Town of Yacolt.
NEW: VIEW PUBLIC COMMENTS RECEIVED
An FTP site has been established to view documents received from the public relating to the 2016 Comprehensive Plan update. Before accessing the documents, please refer to the Brava Reader instructions on the FTP site. To access the FTP site type in or copy and past the following link in your browser.
Maps Online Tool
Check out the Maps Online tool to view properties by parcel for each Alternative. Click on the Maps Online button to access the tool.
Finding information and getting involved in the project:
- Meeting information: lists all meetings related to the comprehensive plan update
- Process and documents: hosts important documents, presentations, and decisions made by the Board of County Commissioners throughout each phase of the project (Issue papers, resolutions, etc.)
- Options and impacts: provides information on the Environmental Review process and the alternatives that will be considered for the comprehensive plan update (Scoping process, Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, etc.)
- Reference documents: provides links to a variety of reference documents and information that will be used to inform the comprehensive plan update
- Get involved: Public input is a major part of the 2016 update. This website is designed to encourage and facilitate public involvement. We will keep the information on this site current, and hope you will use it to comment on parts of the plan that might change.
- Legal Index of Record Report: This report shows all records that have been entered into the record by date order. These include public comment, legal notices, and all records presented to the PC and the BOCC. You may request copies of the records by the Aries ID# listed in the last column of the report and records can be sent to you electronically. This report will be updated regularly and at this time the entries are current up to 04/15/2015.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To send comments to be part of the record - click here.
Process and documents
See when parts of the process begin and end and find information related to that phase.
Find information on ways you can be involved in the project