2016 Comprehensive Growth Management Plan update
The Board of County Councilors and Clark County Planning Commission held two joint public hearings on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (DSEIS) on Sept. 3 and Sept. 10 to hear public testimony.
On Sept. 17, the Planning Commission deliberated and their recommendation on a preferred alternative will be forwarded to the Board of County Councilors. The board hearing on the preferred alternative is scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 20. After a decision is made on the preferred alternative, a final SEIS (FSEIS) will be prepared.
For more information on the environmental analysis, please visit the 'Options and impacts' page.
About the 2016 update project
Clark County is updating its Comprehensive Growth Management Plan. The current plan, adopted in 2007, covers 2007 through 2024. The update will extend the current plan's outlook from 2015 through 2035. We expect to complete the update in June 2016.
Updates will refresh policies and elements of the plan regarding population and employment growth for the next 20 years. With growth comes potential for increased demand for residential, commercial and industrial land, parks, schools, services, utility facilities and roads. The 2016 update focuses on future land use needs in the unincorporated urban area, but has links to planning in cities, rural areas and the town of Yacolt.
VIEW PUBLIC COMMENTS RECEIVED
A site has been set up for documents sent in by the public relating to the 2016 comprehensive plan update. Before accessing the documents, please refer to the Brava Reader instructions on the site. To reach the site, type or copy and paste the following link into your browser.
MAPS ONLINE TOOL
Check out the Maps Online tool to view properties by parcel for each alternative. Click on the Maps Online button to get to the tool.
Finding information and getting involved in the project
- Meeting information: Lists meetings related to the comprehensive plan update.
- Process and documents: Hosts important documents, presentations and decisions made by the Board of County Councilors throughout each phase of the project.
- Options and impacts: Provides information on the environmental review process and alternatives that will be considered for the comprehensive plan update (i.e. Scoping process, Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement).
- Reference documents: Links to a variety of reference documents and information that will be used to inform the comprehensive plan update.
- Get involved: Public input is a major component of the 2016 update process. This website is designed to encourage and facilitate public involvement. We will keep information on this site current, and hope you will use it to comment on portions of the plan that could change.
- Legal Index of Record Report: This report shows all documents that have been entered into the record by date order. These include public comment, legal notices, and all records presented to the Planning Commission and Board of County Councilors. You may request copies of the records by the Aries ID# listed in the last column of the report and records can be sent or viewed electronically. This report will be updated regularly and at this time the entries are current and can be accessed at the following link: ftp://ccplanning.clark.wa.gov
We look forward to hearing from you!
To send comments to be part of the record - click here.
Process and documents
See when parts of the process begin and end and find information related to that phase.
Find information on ways you can be involved in the project