Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Treasurer > Mobile Homes

Mobile Homes

A structure, transportable in one or more sections which is thirty-two body feet or more in length
and is eight body feet or more in width, which is built on a permanent chassis, designed to be used as a dwelling with or without a permanent foundation when connected to required utilities, includes the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems contained therein, except as hereinafter excluded and excluding modular homes.  (RCW 46.04.302 and 82.50.010)

Property Tax Due Date
April 30
If the taxes are over $50, the tax may be paid in halves. First half due April 30th and the second half due October 31.

Transfer of Ownership of a Mobile Home
All transfers require a Mobile Home Excise Tax Affidavit to be completed, filed and paid to the Treasurerís Office, prior to being recorded in the County Auditorís Office. Mobile Homes may require advance property taxes to be paid.

Mobile Home Movement Permit
Before mobile homes can be moved, the Tax Certificate For Mobile Home Movement must be completed. When a mobile home is moved out of the county, an advance tax deposit for the following year must be paid.

After the completion of the Tax Certificate, the Treasurerís Office issues a Mobile Home Movement Decal with the make, model, year and serial number of the mobile. The transporterís Name, WUTC Permit Number and DOT Special Motor Vehicle Permit Number are also needed to complete the movement certificate. The decal is valid for 15 days from the date of issue.


top of page

Clark County Treasurer's Office:
Street Address: 1300 Franklin Street, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-2252 | Fax: (360) 397-6042
Telecommunications Relay Service: (800) 833-6388, then call (360) 397-2445
Office Hours: 8-5 except Wednesday 9-5 | Phone Hours: 9-5
Responsible Elected Official: Doug Lasher

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice