The Weatherization program, which is free to qualified low-income homeowners and renters, provides energy efficiency and indoor air quality improvements for single-family, multi-family and mobile homes.
Do I qualify?
You can apply for assistance whether you own or rent, live in a single-family home, multi-family housing complex, or a mobile home. If you rent, you need written permission from your landlord before weatherization services can be performed.
To qualify, you must meet the following income guidelines.
2020-2021 Weatherization eligibility guidelines
|Household size||Gross monthly income|
|6 or more||Call 564.397.2375|
What work will be done to my home?
A weatherization specialist will work with you to determine the best energy conservation measures for your home.
Typical weatherization improvements may include:
- Insulating attic, walls, floor, water heater and exposed pipes
- Providing ventilation fans - electric, attic, ceiling or whole house
- Installing weather stripping, caulking around windows and doors
- Protecting insulation measures through minor repairs
- Tuning up or repairing heating unit
- Testing for indoor air pollution, mitigating problems and providing information about indoor air quality
After the weatherization improvements are complete, an inspector will visit your home to ensure all repairs were done properly.
How do I apply?
To apply for assistance, please complete an application form. A specialist will review your application and contact you regarding your eligibility.