A cooperative venture between the Clark County Sheriff's Office and Learning for Life.
The Explorer Program is designed to give students ages 15.5 to 21 an opportunity to observe the criminal justice system and assist them in making an informed career decision. Explorers provide non-enforcement assistance to the Sheriff's Office and serve their community through a wide variety of functions.
Clark County Explorer Post 893 is open to both boys and girls. Any person who desires to participate as an Explorer must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15.5 and 21 years of age
- Enrolled in or have graduated from high school
- Minimum of 2.0 grade point average
- No felony convictions
- Misdemeanor convictions and involvement will be evaluated
- Practical Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Community Service
- Social Interaction
- Examine Opportunities in the criminal justice field
- Ride-a-longs with Deputy Sheriffs
- Police Tactics Training
- Law Enforcement Competitions
- Community Service Functions
- Camp Outs
- Many others
If you are interested in becoming a member of Explorer Post 893 please call (360) 397-2366 or email Sgt. Shane Gardner at Shane.Gardner@clark.wa.gov.