Risk Management


The Risk Management Department administers the county's property and casualty liability program, the self-insured workers compensation program and claims against the county in general. They consult with and train county department personnel advising them on liability exposure reduction and occupational health and safety issues. 

After reviewing the reference material below, if you still have a question, please call us at 564-397-2025 so we may assist you.

Clark County Tort Claim Form

Insurance and Loss Control Resources
General Insurance Definitions
Paint on Your Vehicle from Road Striping

Tort Claim Forms for Other Jurisdictions

City of Vancouver - Tort Claim

State of Washington - Tort Claim

File a Tort Claim

Clark County Tort Claim Form

To file a claim for damages against Clark County, submit a claim for damages to the Clark County Office of Risk Management using one of the two ways described below.

Give specific details about your damage or loss. Include dates, times, witnesses, and any supporting documents.

Records you submit are subject to public disclosure laws. Do not send medical records with your claim form. Our investigator will request your medical records if needed.

Submit a claim for damages

Choose one of these three ways to file your claim:

1. Download a claim form (fillable PDF) and file via email.

Save your completed form before you email it. This method does not require the form to be printed or scanned but still requires some form of signature. Digital signatures are accepted.

Email your complete, saved claim form to Risk.Management@clark.wa.gov.

2. Download a claim form (lined PDF for handwritten completion) for printing and file by mail or in person. 

Be sure to sign your completed claim form.

Mail or deliver your completed claim form to: 

Clark County Risk Management
Attn: Risk Manager
PO Box 5000 
1300 Franklin St., Suite 560
Vancouver, WA 98666-5000

3. Submit a claim form via fax

Submit you completed form via fax to the following attention and fax number:



Upon submission of your complete claim packet, we will provide this to our third party claims administration company, Gallagher Bassett who will conduct an investigation into your claim.