Marriage License

aud_wedding_sign .jpg



Before applying for a marriage application, please answer the following question:

Do you have a scheduled officiant and a firm date for the ceremony?

If not, please note that at this time the fee for marriage licenses are non-refundable and the licenses have a 60-day expiration date for the completion of the ceremony from the date of issuance and cannot be extended.

If yes, please follow the steps below:

Complete the On-line Application

You either will need to both appear in person or complete a by mail notary packet.

Apply for My Marriage License in Person

Apply for My Marriage License by Mail (Notary Packet)

  • At the time the marriage license is issued, there is a 3-day waiting period BEFORE you can get married 
    (Example: If we issue the license on Wednesday, you can get married the following Saturday)
  • You have up to 60 days to get married after the 3-day waiting period is over
  • The marriage license is only valid in Washington State 
    (it will not be valid if the ceremony takes place in any other state)
  • Both parties must be present in our office by 4 pm to complete the application process (if either or both parties cannot be present, please see information regarding our notary packet option)
  • Valid government-issued photo ID is required when you come in to apply
  • Both parties will be required to provide their Social Security Numbers at time of payment.

Application Fee - $72

Payment options:

  • In office: cash, signed money order, cashier's check, or debit/credit card
    (convenience fee will apply 2.5% for credit, $2 for debit)
  • By mail: signed money order or cashier's check


Return your completed Certificate of Marriage in the envelope provided in your marriage packet to:

Clark County Auditor's
Marriage License Department
PO Box 5000
Vancouver WA 98666-5000

If you need certified copies of your certificate, complete the request form and provide payment (check, cashier's check, or money order) and mail in request.
If you need certified copies immediately, please call the Recording Office at 564-397-2208 to make arrangements.


Marriages are Public Record

All marriage records are a matter of public record and once it has been recorded, it cannot be "unrecorded." (Exception: only for those enrolled in the State's Address Confidentiality program). The local newspaper generally publishes applicants’ name and city of residence. 


Mondays - Thursdays

The Joint Lobby is open for walk-in services Monday - Thursday, 9 AM - 4 PM.

Save time by completing the online application prior to visiting our office.

Submit your application by mail/Request a notary packet

One or both of you unable to be here in person? Use our notary application instead! Click the button below to get started.

NOTE: Both the online and notary application must be completed for us to process your request.