You can obtain certified copies of marriage documents that were recorded as early as 1890. This service is provided through an agreement with Washington State Digital Archives.
There are several ways to get copies of a Certificate of Marriage.
- In person: Copies are available at: **Due to COVID-19 we are currently closed to in-person transactions**
Clark County Public Service Center
1300 Franklin Street, 2nd Floor Joint Lobby
Vancouver, WA 98660
Hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. Payment may be by cash, check, debit/credit card (convenience fee applies).
- By mail: Please mail your completed Request for Certified Copy Form with payment (check or money order) and self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Clark County Auditor's Office
Attn: Marriage License Department
PO Box 5000
Vancouver WA 98666
- Online: Copies may be requested online from Washington State Digital Archives. Payment may be by debit or credit card and additional fees apply.
- Certified copies are $3 for the first page and $1 each additional page
- Non-certified copies are $1 each page
When copies of documents are purchased online there is an additional fee for each certified copy. This charge is in addition to the statutory fees.
Current and former members of the military are exempt from certain fees.
Search the online recording index.