Help from a librarian
Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Come into the library, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 564.397.2268.
Online database access
Free remote access to Nolo self-help titles is available. Nolo is one of the largest publishers of legal self-help books and there are titles covering a variety of topics. King County Law Library has created a short video about using Nolo. After watching, return here to use the Clark County Law Library login.
Free remote access to LexisNexis is available. This is a legal research tool that includes case law, statutes, and regulations. LexisNexis Patron Access is a service that we purchase and provide to the public. If you are unable to visit the library, they currently offer a free trial ID which allows you to use LexisNexis remotely for 7 days. For technical questions please see the latest videos, guides and other resources to help you research more efficiently.
New books from James Publishing
- Deposition Checklists and Strategies, by T. Evan Shaeffer
- Guerrilla Discovery: Federal and States, by Ashlee Lipson
- Is it Admissible?, by Ashlee Lipson
- Maximizing Damages in Small Personal Injury Cases, by Ellsworth T. Rundlett III
- Trial Objections, by Rogge Dunn
New Continuing Legal Education titles from the King County Bar Association
- Appellate Brief Writing: Advice and Thoughts from the Bench and Bar -- Appeals
- Introduction to Washington e-Wills -- Estate
- Just Cause Ordinance and an Introduction to RCW 59.18.660: New Eviction Resolution Pilot Program -- Real Property
- What Collaborative Family Law Attorneys Need to Know About Estate Planning -- Family
- What Judges and Court Staff Want You to Know: Appellate Panel -- Appeals
New Continuing Legal Education titles from the National Business Institute
- Obtaining Evidence from Electronic Devices in Washington -- Discovery
- Pleadings & Motions: Civil Practice Tips & Examples -- Litigation
- Resolving Boundary Disputes in Washington -- Real Property
- Washington Civil Practice, Procedure, and Forms -- Litigation
- Washington Estate Administration from Start to Finish -- Estate
- Washington Human Resources Law: What You Need to Know Now -- Employment
- Washington Probate Process: In 7 Simple Steps -- Estate
- Washington Real Property Law: Understanding Title, Transfers, and Encumbrances -- Real Property
- Washington Trusts 101 -- Estate
Free webinars from the King County Law Library
The King County Law Library (KCLL) is offering several free webinars during the coming months. Topics covered include legal research, discovery, estate planning, and preparing for trial. See the KCLL website for more information and to register.