Noxious Weed Management

Yellow Flag Iris and Purple Loosestrife Control

We have a new Report a Noxious Weed form available online.  Please provide a location and in-focus, close-up photos of the flowers and leaves. Also please show scale in at least one photo with a standard-sized object such as a coin. We will prioritize responding to reports that include photos.

Due to current staffing shortages, Clark County will provide reduced weed free forage inspections for the foreseeable future. Please call as far ahead of cutting time as possible, and if we are unable to help you in time, please refer to the WSDA website for more information about using state inspectors.

Musk Thistle coin pic.jpg


Clark County Noxious Weed Management is responsible, by state law, for controlling noxious weeds in Clark County. It is made up of five members of the Clark County Weed Board, appointed by the Clark County Council.

If you have received a warning letter and have questions please email us at or call us at call 564.397.6140.

If you or your neighbors have a problem with noxious weeds, email or call 564.397.6140.

The resources listed below will help you identify some common noxious weeds and business that help with removal:

Integrated Aquatic Vegetation Management Plan 

Thanks to our partners and the community for their involvement in help with the Final Integrated Aquatic Vegetation Management Plan to address Eurasian watermilfoil in Vancouver Lake.

For more information about the IAVMP, contact the Clark County Noxious Weed Management by email,, or by phone, 564.397.6140.  

DASH milfoil harvesting, photo credit Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation

Photo Credit: Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation

Help keep out invasive weeds

Clark County Noxious Weed ManagementWashington State Noxious Weed Control Board and the Washington Invasive Species Council are trusted resources.

Clean hiking boots, waders, boats and trailers, off-road vehicles and other gear to stop invasive species from hitching a ride to a new location. Learn more at

Avoid dumping aquariums or live bait into waterways. Learn more at Washington Invasive Species Council.

Don't move firewood. Instead, buy it where you'll burn it or gather it on-site when permitted. Learn more at

Use forage, hay, mulch and soil that are certified as "weed free." You can locate a supplier by using our list of local certified weed-free hay and mulch growers (PDF).

Plant only non-invasive vegetation in your garden and remove any known invaders.

Report new or expanded invasive species outbreaks to authorities. Here is how to Report a Sighting.

Volunteer to help remove invasive species from public lands and natural areas.

Ask your political representatives at the state, local and national level to support invasive species control efforts.​​

Beeutify Seed Packet.jpg

Free Pollinator Friendly Flower Mix ​

Attract bees, butterflies and pollinators to your garden ​with this non-invasive pollinator friendly flower mix. ​

Order your free seeds today from the Washington State Noxious Weed ​Control Board.

More about weed control

Learn more about noxious weed management in Clark County by watching this May 2017 CVTV video

Contacting Noxious Weed Management

Noxious Weed Management is located at the 78th Street Operations Center, 4700 NE 78th St., Building G.

Visitors should check in at Building A, located adjacent to Northeast 78th Street.

Phone: 564.397.6140

Noxious Weed Management Events:

August 4-13, 2023

Clark County Fair   

We always have a booth at the fair to help answer any weed control questions you may have. Come find us at the County Fair.

April 29-30, 2023  

Clark Public Utility Home and Garden Idea Fair 

The Clark Public Utilities Home and Garden Idea Fair has been a springtime tradition in Clark County for nearly three decades.  Come find us in the environmental section.

Clark County Weed Board

2023 meeting dates:

  • February 6, 2023
  • May 1, 2023
  • August 7, 2023
  • November 6, 2023

*For more information, please check out our Weed Board page.

For more information, contact:
Justin Collell
Weed Board Coordinator
Clark County Public Works
(564) 397-6140 ext. 1766