Starting a business




If you have decided to start your own business, below are links to help you find out about opportunities in Clark County, contact members of the local business community, and get a business license.

Chambers of commerce

North Clark County Chamber of Commerce
Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce


Battle Ground requirements
Camas business requirements
Ridgefield business assistance
Vancouver business requirements
Vancouver tax and franchise information

Columbia River Economic Development Council

CREDC connects you with resources to accelerate your business relocation, growth and innovation.

Federal Identification Number

Businesses consisting of more than one person might require a Federal Employer (tax) Identification Number (EIN) from the Internal Revenue Service.

State of Washington Business Licensing

Anyone conducting any business in Washington must register for a Master Business License and obtain a UBI (Unified Business Identifier) number for tax purposes. A permit might be required for home businesses in unincorporated Clark County and some cities require business licenses.

Unincorporated Clark County home business permit

A business operating out of a home might require a permit. The review process depends on whether you are in the urban or rural area, and the impacts the business may have on the neighborhood.

Home Business permits

Major Home Business Permit

Minor Home Business Permit

Business personal property

Businesses in Clark County are required to establish a business personal property account and submit a form annually to the Assessor's Office by April 30. Learn more on the Assessor's website.