Facilitator Office Changes as of January 4, 2021
Please note: appointments must be scheduled in person. Scheduling by phone not available.
Beginning January 2021, you can schedule an in-person, 20-minute appointment, with the family law facilitator. Come to the clerk’s office and the front counter staff will schedule your appointment. You will be required to pay for that appointment when scheduled. You must bring your receipt to your appointment.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME WITH THE FACILITATOR
Your time is valuable, so make the most of your visit with the Family Court Facilitator. If you have already purchased a packet, read the instructions carefully and make a note of the questions you have. Have all your documents filled out as much as possible. That way the Facilitator will be able to review the documents with you to see if they are filled out properly.
Below are your options for forms:
DO NOT bring children with you to your visit with the Facilitator. Appointments are 20 minutes and there is a $20.00 fee for the appointment. One person per visit unless you require an interpreter.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF THE FAMILY COURT FACILITATOR USER FEE.
Appointments will start at 1:00pm and end at 3:30pm. Appointment times could be limited based on daily staffing.
The Family Court Facilitator cannot give legal advice or predict what the Court will do in your case. Only an attorney in private practice or in a volunteer legal services program can advise you about your rights and responsibilities, and which course of action is best for you.
Location: Clark County Courthouse
1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA (1st floor of Courthouse)
Hours: By appointment only
The Family Law Facilitator Program at Clark County was established to provide assistance to citizens who choose to or who cannot afford an attorney to represent them in matters dealing with:
Our services are neutral, we DO NOT provide referrals, our services are NOT confidential and we are NOT responsible for the outcome of your case.
The Facilitator CANNOT:
- Provide legal advice
- Fill out your paperwork or tell you how to fill them out
- Assist people who are represented by an attorney
Information the Facilitator CAN provide:
- Information on how to start certain family law actions
- What mandatory forms are available and where to get them
- Provide information on court rules, procedures and case schedules
- Review completed forms for procedural correctness (necessary blanks filled in and signed where required)
- Provide information on community resources
- Provide informational brochures and instructions sheets relating to domestic matters
A user fee of $20.00 must be paid in the Clerk’s Office before you can be seen.
The cashier accepts cash, cashier’s checks, money orders, or debit/credit cards.
Assistance is provided on a first come first serve basis
- Pay cashier
- Hold on to your receipt
- Take a number in the facilitators office
- Have a seat in the lobby and wait for your number to be displayed
Where can I find the forms?
- Clark County Clerk’s Office, Monday – Friday 8 am -4:30 pm (for a fee)
- Clark County Law Library, 1st floor courthouse. Hours 9-3 Monday – Friday (3rd Monday of each month, closed at noon)
- Ft. Vancouver Regional Library, 901 C St., Vancouver, WA
Free download of forms:
Washington Administrative Office of the Courts - www.courts.wa.gov/forms
Northwest Justice Project - www.washingtonlawhelp.org - Forms & Instructions
What is the cost of the forms packets?
- Dissolution/Legal Separation w/ children - $50.00
- Dissolution/Legal Separation no children - $30.00
- Modification of Child Support - $30.00
- Modification of Parenting Plan - $30.00
- Modification/Termination of Non-Parent Custody $20.00
- Relocation - $30.00
- Paternity Packets - $50.00
- Writ of Habeas Corpus re Custody - $15.00
Please review our Facilitator Tip Sheet (PDF - 109KB)
|Certification - needed for finalization of dissolution per local court rule 11(a)|
|Change of Address Form|
|Citation - used to schedule court hearing|
|Contempt of Court Actions|
|Domestic Partnership Rights|
|Family Law Handbook - Marriage Edition|
|Family Law Handbook - Domestic Partnership Edition|
|Financial Declaration - required by court in some situations|
|Notice to Set For Trial - Family Law Courts|
|Temporary Orders - Checklist|
|Ex Parte - Short Term Order|
Other Agencies that Can be of Service in Family Law Matters:
Northwest Justice Project/CLEAR
DSHS Division of Child Support
Local Office: 500 West 8th Street #275
Intake Phone Calls:
800 NE 136th Ave, Suite 210
Domestic Partnerships can be registered with the Secretary of State's Office in Olympia effective July 22, 2007. Please go to the following Web site for forms and information: www.secstate.wa.gov/corps/domesticpartnerships/
If you have further questions or need further assistance, please call the Clerk's Office at (564) 397-2292.
Clark County Clerk's Office
Street Address: Courthouse,1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (564) 397-2292 | Criminal: (564) 397-2295 | FAX: (564) 397-6099
Juvenile (564) 397-2073 | Collections Unit: (564) 397-6085
TTY: (564) 397-6172
Responsible Elected Official: Scott G. Weber , County Clerk