County seeks applicants to fill open District Court seat
Mon, 05/10/2021 - 11:30 AM
Clark County is seeking qualified applicants to fill an open seat on District Court. The open seat is due to the retirement of Judge John P. Hagensen on June 30, 2021.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must be a registered voter in Clark County and a lawyer admitted to practice law in the state of Washington.
All qualified persons wishing to be considered for appointment are required to complete a questionnaire which is available by contacting the County Council Office at Tina.Redline@clark.wa.gov or (564) 397-4978.
Completed questionnaires are due to the Council Office no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, May 28. Applicants can submit questionnaires by mail to Clark County Council Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or email to email@example.com.
The names of all applicants will be submitted to the Clark County Bar Association for purposes of conducting a preference poll.
The Revised Code of Washington requires that the county legislative authority fill all judicial vacancies on District Court by appointment.
Kathleen Otto, County Manager
Mission and Vision of District Court
The mission of Clark County District Court is to serve the people of Clark County by delivering the highest quality of justice services and providing equal access to the court and its programs; and to treat all persons with fairness and respect.
The vision of Clark County District Court defines our standards for public service and operations, and the values we are continually refining:
Clark County District Court will:
- Be sensitive and responsive to the needs of our diverse community;
- Have a service-oriented approach;
- Advocate for investment in the justice system of Clark County to preserve access to justice for all residents;
- Utilize technology to increase access and convenience in using the Court’s services;
- Ensure equal application of the judicial process to all cases, which are fairly decided based upon legally relevant factors.