Performing the Ceremony


State law prescribes who can perform a marriage ceremony:

-Active and retired Supreme Court Justices
-Court of Appeals Judges
-Superior Court Judges
-Superior Court Commissioners
-Judges of courts of limited jurisdiction
-Any regularly licensed or ordained minister or priest of any church or religious denomination. 

Ministers from any state may perform marriage ceremonies, but the ceremony must be performed in Washington. Neither applicant may perform the ceremony.

For information about having your ceremony performed at the Clark County Courthouse, please view the information on the District Court webpage or email

Attention Officiants

  • You must be licensed or ordained to perform ceremonies in Washington.

  • You do not have to file or register any documentation with the County.