FILING DEADLINE NOTICE: The deadline for filing an appeal is July 1 of the assessment year or within 60 CALENDAR DAYS of when your Notice of Value was mailed. The appeal form must be complete and include a copy of your Notice of Value. The appeal must be received by the Board of Equalization office or postmarked within that 60 days. LATE APPEALS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED. (RCW 84.40.038)
ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE BOARD OF EQUALIZATION OFFICE AND THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE NO LATER THAN 21 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR HEARING DATE.
** You must pay your taxes by the date they are due to avoid penalties and interest. After the appeal period of a Board of Equalization decision has passed, changes to the assessment will be entered into the system by the Assessor’s Office and the Treasurer’s Office will notify you of adjustments made to your taxes. **
Brochure copies and other publications are also available on the Washington State Department of Revenue website.
If you have any questions or need copies mailed to you call 564-397-2337.
- A Homeowner's Guide to Property Taxes
- Appealing Your Property Tax Valuation to the County Board of Equalization (PDF available below, under Forms)
- Facts on Washington's Tax Structure: Property Tax
- Tax Relief for Senior Citizens and Disabled Persons
You can find the Board of Equalizations' forms below:
- Appeal/Petition Form to the Board of Equalization (PDF) (Word) - for Real Property (structure, land)
- Tips for a successful appeal of your property assessment
- Appealing Your Property Assessment to the BOE
- Comparable Sales Grid for Board consideration (PDF) (Word)
- Multiple Parcel Form for Property Value Appeals (PDF) (Word)
- Good Cause Request Form (PDF) (Word)
- Request for Reconvene (PDF) (Word)
- Appeal to Washington State Board of Tax Appeals (https://bta.wa.gov/)
- Current Use and Forests Land Designations Denial (PDF) (Word)
- Personal Property Valuation Appeal Form - for Business' (PDF) (Word)
- Senior or Disabled Exemption Denial Appeal Form (PDF) (Word)