Clark County partnered with the Washington State Housing Finance Commission (Commission) to offer down payment assistance loans for qualifying homebuyers, using funds from the American Rescue Plan – Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds.
While the funds for the Clark County DPA have all been reserved, help is still available! There are many steps you can take, including:
Take a free homebuyer education class
Classes are five hours, offered both in-person and virtually, and teach everything you need to know about buying a home.
Find a lender
The Housing Finance Commission has a wide network of lenders familiar with downpayment assistance and home loan programs for low- and moderate-income homebuyers.
Work with a nonprofit housing organization
Homebuyer assistance is provided by nonprofit agencies throughout the state who focus on wealth-building and financial stability. Many offer personal housing counseling, which gives you an in-depth review of your personal financial situation and programs available to help, so you can plan your path to homeownership with the best chance of long-term success.
In Clark County, these agencies include:
- African American Alliance for Homeownership: 503.595.3517, email@example.com
- Evergreen Habitat for Humanity: 360.737.1759, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HomeSight: 206.760.4228, email@example.com
- Native American Youth and Family Center: 503.288.8177, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parkview Services: 509.861.3330, email@example.com
- Proudground Community Land Trust: 503.493.0293, firstname.lastname@example.org