Clark County Council FAQs

The council chair is elected at large. The first council chair, Marc Boldt, was elected in November 2015 and took office in January 2016.

The other four councilors are elected at the district level.

District 1 Councilor Jeanne E. Stewart was elected in November 2014 to fill a vacant position. She was sworn in that month. 

District 2 Councilor Julie Olson was elected in November 2015 and took office in January 2016. 

District 3 Councilor John Blom and District 4 Councilor Eileen Quiring were elected in November 2016 and took office in January 2017.

"Expandable Content / FAQ" block

Four of the five councilors represents a geographic area of the county. The council chair is elected at large.

District 1 is primarily within Vancouver, but fans east to Interstate 205, west to the Columbia River and north to the Salmon Creek and Hazel Dell areas.

District 2 was added Jan. 1, 2016. It covers the county's west side from the Hazel Dell area to the north county line, straddling Interstate 5. It includes La Center and Ridgefield.

Distict 3 covers the primarily urban county east of Interstate 205, from the Columbia River generally north to Northeast 99th Street.

District 4 includes Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground, Yacolt and Amboy and the primarily rural area of east Clark County from the Columbia River north and east to the county line.

"Expandable Content / FAQ" block

Call the council office at 564.397.2232.

Clark County Council, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000

Unless it is an executive session, under the law, all meetings are open to the public. Please call 564.397.2232 for meeting schedules or see the Council home page.

The county budget process is year-long and involves community input and numerous open meetings and workshops. The process concludes with adoption of the budget in the first week of December.

For more information, please call the Budget Office at 564.397.6097

Councilors have limited options regarding taxes. They can set county taxing levels within guidelines established by the state. Property tax options require a vote of the public.

Contact the Assessor's Office at 564.397.2391.

You can appeal your assessment to the Board of Equalization. Call 564.397.2337 for more information.