General Questions


The Clark County Assessor's primary purpose is to determined the value of all real and personal property within the county to ensure an equitable distribution of tax liabilities for property owners in the various taxing districts within the county.

To ensure this is done, the Assessor and his/her deputies:

  • Maintain building and property characteristics
  • Analyze market data for property values
  • Uniformly assess property at 100% of market value
  • Administer programs for tax relief

The Clark County Board of Equalization (BOE) is an impartial citizen board that hears property value disputes and sets the assessed value. The board is located at 1300 Franklin Street, Suite 650. You can call them at 564.397.2337 or by email at for additional information or to request forms.


The Assessor's Office does not handle zoning questions or questions about what can be built on a certain property.  To find the building department that would answer those questions, please go to the Property Information Center, enter the location address and select search. 

When viewing the results in the first tab note the Property ID (PID) for reference with other departments, and the building jurisdiction found in the left column.  This is what you will use to determine where to go next.   

For example:   If the property is within the city limits of Vancouver, you may find information by contacting the City of Vancouver’s Building department.  If is located within the jurisdiction of Clark County, staff at the County's Community Development Permit Center may be able to assist you.


If you have questions about the value or the characteristics of your property, please call one of our review appraisers at 564.397.2391, option 5, then 1, or inquire by email at In-person meetings should be scheduled in advance.

If you have questions about the taxes on your property, please call the Treasurer’s Office at 564.397.2252 or email at

If you want to appeal your value, please call the Clark County Board of Equalization at 564.397.2337 or email at


Unfortunately, identifying property lines is not a service county departments may provide. 

The Property Information Center may list recorded plats or surveys associated with your parcel that indicate corner markers have been set.  If there are no such documents, or if the corner markers are no longer present, you may require the services of a licensed professional land surveyor. 

Ultimately, determining the location of property lines on the ground and in relation to other physical features is best performed by a licensed professional land surveyor.


After filing a timely appeal, one of our review appraisers from the Assessor's Office will examine the appraisal and review your petition to make a final determination. If you still disagree, a hearing before the Board of Equalization will be scheduled. The board reviews sales evidence submitted by you and the review appraiser, and sets a final value.


Blueprints, house plans, or building plans are not documents provided by the Assessor's Office. 

The original builder of the property is the best resource for those documents. Those documents tend to be proprietary in nature, and shared copies are generally destroyed shortly after the permit process is complete through the building or permit department. 

The Assessor's Office does not have access to builder information.

If your property is newly constructed or under construction, and you are not able to reach the builder, it is possible the supporting building or permit department may still have a copy of the blueprint, house plan, or building plans.  

Building or permit departments cover various jurisdictions in the county. To find which building or permit department covers your jurisdiction, go to the Property Information Center, enter the property address or the tax account number and search.  In the first panel along the left column is the title "Jurisdiction" which lists the supported jurisdiction area. 

If the jurisdiction is listed as Camas, then you would contact the City of Camas building or permit department; if the jurisdiction is Clark County, then you would contact the Clark County Community Development building or permit department; and so on. 

Depending on the property's historical significance, another possible resource could be the Clark County Historical museum research library.  Or the WA State Archives.


Petitions must be filed with the Board of Equalization (BOE) within 60 days after your notice of value was mailed. To protect your right to appeal, we recommend you file a petition while working with a review appraiser. If you are satisfied with the results of your work with the review appraiser, the petition may be withdrawn.