Permit Center

In-person services

All in-person services at the Permit Center require an appointment. To schedule an appointment, email

We encourage our customers to use online services. Customers may contact staff by phone or email. 

ePlan Review

We no longer accept paper submittals. Visit for more information about ePlan Review. 

Process improvement

New Home Construction stormwater review 

Beginning June 1, 2022, Development Engineering will review Stormwater Minimum Requirements (MR) #1-5 for NHC/ADS building permits. The Permit Center will notify Development Engineering staff who will reach out to the applicant to start the submittal process. This is an ENG case in CC LMS and the fee is $345.00. The applicant (creator of the job) is responsible for submittals and payments. 

Permit application submittal guidelines 

We are requesting all applicants to apply online prior to making their permit application appointment. Use our forms and checklists and follow our permit applications submittal guidelines.

Online permitting

You can register, apply for, in most cases pay, and track permits online via the public portal from the comfort of your office or home! 

Why get permits?

Building permits are beneficial to you and your community. By obtaining the required permits you are not only protecting the financial investment in your project, you are also guarding against potential hazards of unsafe construction. Learn more about the importance of permits.

Residential permits

Learn more about residential permits.

LEAN review process

LEAN is required for new home construction on eligible lots and is a quicker review, approval and issuance process. Learn more about the LEAN process and certification.

Commercial permits

Learn more about commercial permits.

Electrical Permits

Clark County does not issue electrical permits. Visit or call 360.896.2300.

School Impact Fees changing

Effective September 15, 2023, some school impact fees will change. See notice

Clark County Code, Title 40

The full text of Title 40 contains all regulations relating to property development in unincorporated Clark County.

Maps Online

Maps Online can answer many of your mapping and property information questions. It is also integrated with Community Development's permitting system, so you can see permits that have been issued for a particular property. Read our instructions.

Permit Types
 - Residential construction Information Applications
 - Commercial construction Information Applications
Fire Information Applications
Land Use Information Applications
Wetland/Habitat Information Applications
Location Hours Contact
Public Service Center
1300 Franklin Street, first floor
Vancouver WA 98660

Customers are encouraged to use our online services and can contact staff by email or phone during regular business hours.

Our preferred method of contact is via email at