Civil Arbitration

Cases Subject to Civil Arbitration

Cases meeting the statutory requirements as defined by RCW 7.06, are subject to and must proceed in arbitration. Any civil, non-domestic action, other than an appeal from a court of limited jurisdiction, is subject to arbitration under this statute if:

      -  the action is at issue in Superior court;
      -  the relief requested is for money damages only; and
      -  no claim exceeds the jurisdictional limit of $100,000, exclusive of attorney's fees, interest, or costs.

A filing fee of $220 is required before the case will be transferred to Arbitration. A party should file and serve a Notice of Arbitration Setting and Statement of Arbitrability after all parties have been joined, all claims, counterclaims and cross-claims answered and at least ten days before the trial scheduling date. No one needs to appear at the hearing date set by the Notice Of Arbitration Setting as this is an administrative setting date only.

Please send a conformed copy of the Statement of Arbitrability, along with fee payment verification to the Arbitration Coordinator at as soon as it is filed so we can start the arbitration process promptly. 

To contact the civil arbitration department, please e-mail

How do I object to Civil Arbitration?

Any party who disagrees with the Statement of Arbitrability shall serve and file a response to the Statement of Arbitrability.  A party may amend the Response to Statement of Arbitrability at any time before assignment of an arbitrator or assignment of a trial date and thereafter only upon leave of Court.

Attorneys: How can I become an Arbitrator?

In accordance with state statute, attorneys who have practiced in Washington for five years or more are qualified to serve on the panel of arbitrators. See LCAR 3.1 for all local qualification criteria. To become an Arbitrator, please complete and return an Arbitration Application and Oath to the email address listed below.

Mailing Address/Contact Information
Arbitration Department
Clark County Superior Court
PO Box 5000
Vancouver WA 98666-5000
(564) 397-2150