Effective August 20, 2020:
Commissioner Family Law motion dockets (Show Cause, Modification, Pro Se) will resume as scheduled, with the exception of the Self-Represented Finalizations.
Matters must be timely filed and served to be considered.
Courtesy copies to the bench should not be submitted unless specifically requested.
Oral argument, to the extent allowed, will be limited.
(ZOOM) Remote Hearing Information for telephonic or video appearance
Remote Hearing Guidelines
- Do not speak or identify yourself when you enter the hearing but be prepared to indicate your presence when your matter is called by the Commissioner.
- Keep your microphone (phone/computer) muted until it is time for you to speak.
- Use *6 to unmute your telephone.
- If possible, avoid using the speaker phone feature on your phone. If using a computer, consider using a headset with microphone. In either case, please speak slowly and clearly, and to the extent possible, eliminate any background noises in your environment.
- Do not put your call to your court hearing on HOLD. Many phone systems have “hold music” that plays when Hold is activated. Connections disrupting a hearing with hold music or other interference will be terminated, and your matter may be stricken.
Entry of Orders
- Agreed orders should be signed and submitted to ex parte per General Order 20-11 Emergency Ex Parte Rule.
- If orders are not agreed, the drafting attorney/litigant shall submit his/her proposed orders to the other side.
- The other attorney/litigant shall use the proposed orders and submit a redline copy or a brief statement of the disputed provisions back to the originating party.
- The drafting attorney/litigant shall then forward the redlined Microsoft WORD documents and any rebuttal to the assigned JA for review and entry.
Please only send ONE email with proposed orders.
Self-Represented Finalization SHALL be submitted to the assigned Commissioner, with a Declaration in Support of Entry, in writing to Court Administration
Commissioner Judicial Assistant contact information
Commissioner Ellis email Rebecca Wittenborn email@example.com
Commissioner Liebman email Rebecca Wittenborn firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Schienberg email Rebecca Wittenborn email@example.com
Commissioner Swingen, email Whitney Freese firstname.lastname@example.org