Commissioner Family Law motion dockets (Show Cause, Modification, Pro Se, Pro se finalizations) will resume as scheduled
Matters must be timely filed and served to be considered.
Courtesy copies to the bench should be submitted pursuant to Local Rule 6
Oral argument, to the extent allowed, will be limited.
Remote Hearing Guidelines
- Do not speak or identify yourself when you enter the hearing but be prepared to indicate your presence when your matter is called by the Commissioner.
- Keep your microphone (phone/computer) muted until it is time for you to speak.
- Use *6 to unmute your telephone.
- If possible, avoid using the speaker phone feature on your phone. If using a computer, consider using a headset with microphone. In either case, please speak slowly and clearly, and to the extent possible, eliminate any background noises in your environment.
- Do not put your call to your court hearing on HOLD. Many phone systems have “hold music” that plays when Hold is activated. Connections disrupting a hearing with hold music or other interference will be terminated, and your matter may be stricken.
Entry of Orders
Agreed orders should be signed and submitted to ex parte per General Order 20-11 Emergency Ex Parte Rule or submitted via email to the Commissioner's Judicial Assistant.
If submitted via email, parties shall include the case number, Commissioner name, and date of the hearing in the subject line.
If contested orders are being submitted, please review the procedure under General Order 21-04 Section 5, Clark County Revised Emergency Order
Please see the Commissioner Entry of Orders Flow Chart
Please only send ONE email with proposed orders.
Self-Represented Finalizations will be held in-person with strict observance of social distancing and other public health measures. Parties shall appear with their final orders completely filled out and signed.