Councilor District 3
Karen Dill Bowerman was elected as County Councilor District 3 in November 2020 and took office Jan. 1, 2021. Prior elected experience was as a Lake Oswego City Councilor and Precinct Committee Officer for several terms.
Councilor Bowerman and her husband, married for 42 years, have four grown children.
Karen Dill Bowerman, Ph.D. has more than 30 years of professional experience in higher education as professor of business and service as Dean of the College of Business and Public Administration at California State University, San Bernardino where she was named Dean Emeritus and has an endowed scholarship for management students in her name. She led the College of Business and Public Administration to be named one of the top 18 in the world for innovation by European CEOs. She has worked with business managers at every level in areas of strategic management, legal aspects of human resources management, project management and leadership.
Her business background is varied, having owned a small firm, mentored small business owners through Senior Corps of Retired Executives, served as an expert witness or investigator in cases involving compensation or employment-related discrimination and was an examiner for quality for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
2021 Council Assignments
- Board of Health
- Board of Greater Clark Parks District
- Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Cowlitz Tribal Foundation Clark County Fund
- Elected Officials Meeting
- Emergency Medical Services District Board #1
- Industrial Revenue Bond Board
- Joint Executive Group on Homelessness with City of Vancouver
- Law Enforcement and Firefighters Disability Board
- Southwest Washington Clean Air Agency
- Southwest Washington Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Vancouver Library, capital facilities
- Workforce Development Council