Board of Health
The Clark County Council also serves as the Clark County Board of Health, in accordance with the public health and safety chapter of the Revised Code of Washington. The Board of Health exercises final authority over all matters pertaining to preservation of the life and health of people within Clark County. This responsibility includes:
- Enforcement of state public health statutes, rules of the state board of health and Secretary of Health.
- Supervision of health and sanitary measures for the provision of the public health.
- Enacting local rules and regulations to preserve, promote and improve public health.
- Control and prevention of any dangerous, contagious or infectious disease.
- Prevention, control and abatement of nuisance detrimental to the public health.
The Board of Health also establishes fee schedules for issuing or renewing licenses or permits or for other such services as authorized by the law and rules of the state Board of Health.
Board of Health meetings are open to the public and include an allotment of time for community input.
9am-10am, the fourth Wednesday of every month
Public Service Center, 6th Floor Hearing Room
1300 Franklin St., Vancouver