Civil Unit


Until further notice:

Any eviction orders received by the CCSO will be reviewed to determine if the order is based on waste, nuisance or commission of a crime or that the owner intends to occupy or sell the property. Such cases will be reviewed on an individual basis, to determine whether to proceed with the eviction. When submitting writs, petitioners must provide the Sheriff copies of the required findings by the court and affidavits in support of their order, as provided in the Governor’s order.

For a copy of the Governor’s Order relating to evictions, click here.

For more information and our current requirements please contact Civil Unit: or (564) 397-2225.

For Process Service please note:

You can request a service of legal documents in our office or forward your request via-mail with cover letter, documents to serve and cashier’s check or money order or business check included.

For information about real property sales please contact our office.

Thank you,
Civil Unit




Office Hours:

Monday through Friday
8 am - 4:30 pm

This office is closed for all County holidays.


Process Service

DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED along with service papers

Deposit options at the counter

  • Cash
  • Business check payable to Clark County Sheriff
  • Cashier’s check or money order payable to Clark County Sheriff
  • Credit/debit - subject to a convenience fee

Deposit options by mail

  • Business check payable to Clark County Sheriff
  • Cashier's check or money order payable to Clark County Sheriff
  • NEW: If you are sending your packet via mail and you wish to pay your deposit by credit/debit - please specify that information in your Intake Sheet; and include email address to send link to pay. We will contact you with deposit information. (Subject to a convenience fee.)
    • ​Provide Intake Sheet 
    • Provide DAYTIME contact phone number and name
    • Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope

Mail to:

Clark County Sheriff's Office
Attn:  Civil Unit
PO Box 410
Vancouver, WA  98666

Paying a bill?  Click credit/debit to pay by credit card.  You will need the ID number from your billing letter.

Writs of Restitution


  • 4 duplicate original Writs of Restitution - original seal and signature of clerk
  • 1 Order Granting the Writ (copy)
  • 1 Completed Tenant Information Sheet
  • 1 Completed Request for Storage of Personal Property
  • Sheriff’s Indemnity Bond for commercial evictions

Deposits are required.  Call the unit for information.

Writ of Execution - Order of Sale / Replevins / Attachments

Paperwork requirements vary depending on the type of action:

  • All cases require a deposit on fees
  • Attachments will be cleared through the Prosecutor’s Office prior to enforcement

Call the unit for clarification or more information.

Inquire by emailing