Junk Vehicle Removal Request

Junk Vehicle.  Truck on wooden blocks with no engine.

Junk vehicles damage the environment and often attract illegal dumping. This service helps you obtain documents that will allow you to legally remove the junk vehicle from your private property.

Junk vehicle affidavit service

We can help you complete the steps to have the vehicle legally removed. The vehicle must fit our “junk vehicle” definition, be located on your property, and be within Clark County (outside the city of Vancouver).

The information you provide will be used by Certified Junk Vehicle Inspectors to visit the site and prepare documents.

We use the following process:
  • You submit a request using the online form.
  • Our certified junk vehicle inspectors will reach out to schedule an inspection of the vehicle and prepare documentation.
  • If your vehicle qualifies, we’ll issue a Junk Vehicle Affidavit. This document allows you to dispose of the vehicle legally.
  • You contact a tow company or local scrap yard in your area to have the vehicle removed. Any cost associated with the towing or disposal is your responsibility.
Junk vehicle definition:

Per Washington code, the vehicle must meet at least 3 of the following criteria to qualify:

  • Vehicle is three or more years old
  • Vehicle has extensive damage
  • Vehicle is inoperable
  • Vehicle’s market value is equal to the approximate value of the scrap metal

If you simply want to remove the vehicle from your property, you have the right as the property owner to have the vehicle impounded. Call an auto wrecker to have the vehicle towed. Any towing costs will be your responsibility.


If your intention is to obtain a title to the vehicle for the purpose of selling or operating it, call the Washington Department of Licensing https://www.dol.wa.gov/ to learn what actions you must take.


Junk Vehicle Removal Request Form:

Do you own the vehicle?

If yes and you have the title, you can have this vehicle towed 

Is this vehicle located inside unincorporated Clark County and outside the Vancouver city limits?

This form is for junk vehicles in Clark County.

Is the vehicle located on property owned by you, or where you have legal authority?
  1. Is the vehicle on a public road?
    If yes, file an abandoned vehicle report. 

Contact Information

Your Contact Information

Vehicle Information

(You must submit a new form for each vehicle.)


Location of Vehicle

Location of Vehicle
What is your association with this address? You must be the property owner or have legal authorization
May a Clark County Junk Vehicle Investigator access the property for vehicle inspection with nobody present?