Writs of Restitution
An eviction (Writ of Restitution) involves a tenant being ordered by the court to leave a residence. The court follows the landlord-tenant act of the State of Washington. More information about these laws can be found at RCW 59.12, RCW 59.18, and RCW 59.20.
Evictions not covered under the Landlord /Tenant Act, RCW 59.18, require Sheriff’s Indemnity Bond.
Required- Original Sheriff’s Indemnity Bond to Sheriff CHUCK E. ATKINS:
• The Sheriff’s Office determines the final acceptable amount on the bond, and this will only be available after posting the notice(s). • We will contact you with appropriate bond amount (DO NOT PROVIDE BOND AHEAD OF TIME). Please note the minimum bond amount will be at least $10,000.00. • Plaintiff (not plaintiff's representative or attorney unless limited power of attorney is provided) and bonding company must sign the bond. (Must be original signatures, also must have original seal from bonding company). • Bond caption must match the caption of the writ. • The bond must have cause number and list the correct court order/document title we are acting on.
- 4 duplicate original Writs - with original seal and signature of clerk
- 1 Order Granting the Writ (copy)
- 1 Completed Request for Storage of Personal Property
- -Completed by Attorney (if represented) and Landlord/Owner
DEPOSITS ARE REQUIRED (call or email for deposit amount)
- Call the unit for information 564.397.2225 or
- Email email@example.com
Mail to: Clark County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Civil Unit PO Box 410
Vancouver, WA 98666