Writs of Restitution
Writs returnable within 10 days of issuance will need an additional 30 days.
Writs returnable within 20 days of issuance will need an additional 30 days.
CIVIL DIVISION POLICY REGARDING BREAK AND ENTER AUTHORIZATION
This internal policy requires the appropriate language providing Break and Enter Authorization(s) to be included in all eviction processes handled by this division.
The Break and Enter authorization must be included in the Order/Judgment (signed by the judge) and the Writ of Restitution/Ejectment (issued by the clerk) and its language must be consistent between both documents.
Thank you for your understanding and assistance in this matter.
An eviction (Writ of Restitution) involves a tenant being ordered by the court to leave a residence. The court follows the landlord-tenant act of the State of Washington. More information about these laws can be found at RCW 59.12, RCW 59.18, and RCW 59.20.
Evictions not covered under the Landlord /Tenant Act, RCW 59.18, require Sheriff’s Indemnity Bond.
Required- Original Sheriff’s Indemnity Bond to Sheriff JOHN HORCH:
• The Sheriff’s Office determines the final acceptable amount on the bond, and this will only be available after posting the notice(s). • We will contact you with appropriate bond amount (DO NOT PROVIDE BOND AHEAD OF TIME). Please note the minimum bond amount will be at least $10,000.00. • Plaintiff (not plaintiff's representative or attorney unless limited power of attorney is provided) and bonding company must sign the bond. (Must be original signatures, also must have original seal from bonding company). • Bond caption must match the caption of the writ. • The bond must have cause number and list the correct court order/document title we are acting on.
- 4 duplicate original Writs - with original seal and signature of clerk
- 1 Order Granting the Writ (copy)
- 1 Completed Request for Storage of Personal Property
DEPOSITS ARE REQUIRED (call or email for deposit amount)
- Call the unit for information 564.397.2225 or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Clark County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Civil Unit PO Box 410
Vancouver, WA 98666