Forms and instructions
Though Washington State uses mandatory pattern forms for many family law cases, there are no pattern forms for adoption cases.
King County Adoption Services has legal forms for limited types of adoptions available for purchase at their Family Court Services offices in Seattle and Kent or by mail. Each packet comes with forms and instructions to assist in completing the adoption process. Packets are available for the following types of adoptions:
- Step-parent / Second Parent consenting
- Step-parent / Second Parent non-consenting
- International (Re-adoption)
- Independent / In Home (Non-agency)
According to the King County Adoption Services FAQ, "You may feel free to modify our forms for use in another county."
- The Clark County Clerk's Office has a page about filing adoptions and accessing adoption records.
- The Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) website has adoption information related to adopting foster children.
Additional print resources about adoption and other family law topics are available at the law library.