Typical concerns between neighbors involve fences, branches overhanging or damaging property, weeds, noise, use of property, or access.
City of Vancouver
- A Good Neighbor Handbook provides you with information about what it means to be a "good neighbor," and how to care for and maintain your property
- The Vancouver Municipal Code contains city code about specific topics
- The Code Compliance office has a link to report violations of city code
- Good Neighbor Relations has ideas for how to minimize and resolve problems with neighbors
- Code Enforcement has a Neighborhood Guide that includes the rules on many common situations
- The Clark County Code contains county code about specific topics
- The Code Administration department includes enforcement of the county code and has a link to report neighborhood concerns
FindLaw has an encyclopedia entry about neighbor disputes that includes links to additional resources.
If you need help talking with your neighbor about a problem, you can contact Community Mediation Services. Trained mediators can help you work out a resolution.
The Washington State Law Library wrote a blog post about neighbor issues.