The 20th Annual Disability Employment Awareness Month Celebration was held on Oct. 7. The event honored individuals and businesses for their commitment to employment and services for individuals with development/intellectual disabilities.
The following award winners were honored at the virtual celebration:
- Large Employer (50 or more employees) of people with developmental/intellectual disabilities – IQ Credit Union
- Small Employer (49 or less employees) of people with developmental/intellectual disabilities – Sonesta ES
- Employee with a developmental/intellectual disability – Chris Bergman
- Dennis Campbell Outstanding Service Award for outstanding service to improving the lives of individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities – Debbie Thompson
- David Hanawalt Service Award for an employment specialist who demonstrates service to their clients above and beyond the client’s expectations, exceeds the contractual expectations, and promotes client success and growth – April Burton
The awards event is part of celebrating October as National Disability Employment Awareness Month. The Clark County Disability Employment Awareness Month Awards honor the role people with developmental disabilities have in assisting us to achieve a dynamic, productive workforce and recognize the leadership of the business community.
This event featured a keynote by Karen Gaffney and highlighted the role of essential workers. This event was recorded by CVTV and will be available for future viewing at www.cvtv.org.
We encourage residents to please support the businesses who hire people with intellectual and developmental disabilities,” said Patricia McConaughy, program manager for Clark County Community Services. “We acknowledge and thank our sponsors for supporting this important event: CVTV, C-TRAN, Clark College and Clark County Developmental Disabilities Advisory Board.”
For more information or future sponsorship opportunities, please contact Emily Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 750-9776.
Patricia McConaughy, program manager, Developmental Disabilities, Community Services