For contracts that allow for travel reimbursements, the Contractor shall comply with the Clark County Travel Policy. The following travel-related expenses are allowable only if they are incurred in conjunction with travel for the performance of work under an agreement with Clark County.
LOCAL travel expenses are those incurred within a 50 mile radius of the Contractor’s business location and/or travel more than 50 miles that does NOT include an overnight stay
- Business meals at actual cost. Total, including tax and tips, should not exceed the current IRS High-Low per diem rate
Itemized receipts must be provided for meals at actual cost and for all other travel-related expenses. If the travel expense involves a conference, workshop, seminar, or similar organized activity, a copy of the agenda or outline must be submitted.
NON-LOCAL travel expenses are those incurred more than 50 miles from the Contractor’s business location and include an overnight stay.
- Airfare, bus, train, local transportation, tolls, car rentals and parking fees
- Mileage - In instances where personal automobile usage exceeds the cost of airfare, reimbursement will be limited to the cost of traveling to the same destination by coach class airfare.
- Hotel or motel accommodations at single occupancy rates. The lowest rate should be requested.
- Meal costs at the per diem rates established by the Internal Revenue Service using the High-Low substantiation method. Authorized travelers will be allowed 75% of the daily per diem allowance on the first and last day of travel and 100% of the daily per diem allowance the remainder of the trip.
- Other reasonable and ordinary expenses which are job related
Itemized receipts must be provided for airfare, lodging, and all other travel-related expenses. If the travel expense involves a conference, workshop, seminar, or similar organized activity, a copy of the agenda or outline must be submitted.
Mileage is reimbursed at 58.5 cents per mile.
Meals are reimbursed per diem. First and last day of travel are 75% of daily rate.
To determine the per diem allowance for the destination, refer to this chart.
|2022 MEALS||Low-Cost Areas||High-Cost Areas|
|First/Last day (75%)||$48||$55.50|