Rent, electric utility assistance for low-income persons available beginning March 30

Published Date

Up to 12 months of rent and electric utility assistance for low-income persons in Clark County who have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic will be available starting Tuesday, March 30, 2021. The 12 months can include owed rent or electric utility arrears, and a maximum of up to three months of future rent.

To qualify for assistance, a person or household must rent a home in Clark County; have an annualized income at or below 50% of the current Area Median Income for Clark County; have experienced a negative financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic; and be at risk of experiencing homelessness or currently experiencing housing instability (such as being late on rent, owing rent or having past due utilities). Households do not need to have a Social Security number or documentation status to receive assistance.

How to apply:

  • Online: People who need rent assistance can apply online at Online applicants will receive a confirmation email once their application is submitted.
  • By phone: People who would prefer to call can apply via phone at (360) 695-9677 Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, and Saturday, Sunday and holidays 11 am to 5 pm. It is recommended phone applicants call in the afternoon and weekends during a slower call volume time.
  • In person: People who do not have phone or internet access are encouraged to apply. Tenants can apply between 10 am and noon at Share’s office located at 2306 NE Andresen Road. Applicants should ring the doorbell, and staff will assist them in completing the application.
  • Active-duty military and veteran households can choose to contact the Clark County Veterans Assistance Center at (564) 397-8478. This applies to households with at least one person who serves or served in the armed forces, regardless of discharge status.
  • Households who have moved to Clark County as a refugee or immigrant within the last three years can also choose to contact Partners In Careers at (360) 597-2057.
  • Households with at least one person who identifies as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Color (BIPOC) can choose to contact Bridgeview at (360) 737-2950.

Landlords can also apply on behalf of their tenants by going online to and filling out a form. The landlord will receive a confirmation email when the form is submitted. Tenant eligibility will be verified by the rental assistance provider.

People seeking electric utility assistance must contact Clark Public Utilities at (360) 992-3000.

Owed arrears for rent or electric utility assistance can be paid as far back as March 13, 2020, as long as 12 months assistance (past and future) is not exceeded.