Report a neighborhood concern


Use our online portal to file a complaint or concern in unincorporated Clark County, Washington – it’s fast and easy!  

You can create an account that includes your contact information OR you can file anonymously.

Before filing a complaint, please read through this important information. 

What kinds of complaints does code enforcement investigate? 

As a program within the Community Development department, Code Enforcement investigates the following types of complaints:

  • Building code violations: such as structures without permits, unsafe or dangerous structures
  • Nuisance code violations: such as junk, trash, or debris accumulation, inoperable or abandoned vehicles on private property, tall grass/weeds over 12 inches, parking on the grass
  • Zoning code violations: such as structures too close to the property line, home businesses without proper permits, commercial or industrial projects without permits or not meeting conditions of approval, illegally occupied recreational vehicles on private property, illegal sign placement, wrecking or junk yards, noise associated with a business or commercial use
  • Environmental code violations: such as erosion control concerns, grading or land clearing without permits, disturbance in or near a wetland, pond, stream or wildlife habitat area, water quality concerns

We do not investigate:

  • Vehicles or occupied recreational vehicles parked on the public roadway; contact the Clark County Sheriff’s Office using their non-emergency number 311 
  • General residential noise complaints not associated with a business or commercial use; contact the Clark County Sheriff’s Office using their non-emergency number 311 
  • Electrical concerns: such as electrical work without a permit or other electrical concerns; contact the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries at 360.896.2300 or
  • Property line disputes, tree limbs hanging over property lines, covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs) from your homeowners’ association; contact a civil attorney for assistance  
  • Hazardous spills creating an imminent danger to public health or the environment; contact Washington State Department of Ecology Spill Response Team at 1-800-OILS-911 

Does Code Enforcement accept anonymous complaints?  

Clark County will accept anonymous complaints. However, if we are unable to view the area of concern from the public roadway and you do not provide your contact information, your complaint will be closed without further action. Code Enforcement does not release complaining party information unless required to do so through an official public records request.  

Important Public Disclosure Information: Clark County may be required to release your name and/or information submitted in your complaint pursuant to public disclosure laws and/or pursuant to court order. The submittal of this public service request is subject to public disclosure according to the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56). This means that anyone can request the release of documents containing your name and contact information.  

Submit a complaint

To submit a complaint, please follow the link below to our online portal. You will have the option to either create an account and provide your contact information OR submit your complaint anonymously. Remember: If you create an account, your contact information may be provided if a public records request is made.  

Report a Neighborhood Concern 
Note: scroll to the bottom of the page.

Complaints are processed in the order they are received. We will NOT provide updates to you. However, if you would like to follow up on your concerns, please contact Code Enforcement for an update by email or phone 564.397.4184.