Housing Rehabilitation

Housing Rehabilitation Program

This program is designed to ensure decent and safe living conditions for eligible applicants.

The Housing Rehabilitation Program is available to low-to-moderate income homeowners who live in Clark County and in the Woodland city limits. Funding for the program is through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program under Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974.

City of Vancouver residents

The City of Vancouver manages the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program for homeowners living within the city limits of Vancouver. For information, contact Samantha Whitley at 360.487.7952 or samantha.whitley@cityofvancouver.us

Single-Family Housing Rehabilitation Program

Single family site-built homes may be rehabilitated to improve livability, to increase energy efficiency, or to extend the life of the home, or they may be modified for accessibility. Mobile homes on leased property do not qualify for this program. The home is inspected by a Rehabilitation Specialist to determine if the repairs requested are within the scope of the program. Eligible home improvements must meet minimum HUD's Housing Quality Standards.

The maximum amount available for financial assistance is $35,000, available as a grant. To be eligible, the household income must not exceed 80% of the area's median family income, as established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. 

All work is performed by licensed contractors. Contractors: if you are interested in placing bids on jobs, please contact Dawn Lee at 564.397.7811 or submit this application: Contractor Application

Apply for Assistance

1. Review the Housing Rehabilitation brochure in English or Spanish.

2. Print, complete, and return the Housing Rehabilitation application if you meet the qualifications itemized in the brochure.

3. Track your progress:
    Loans: Step-by-step tracking sheet
    Grants: Step-by-step tracking sheet

Types of eligible repairs
  • Exterior repairs
  • Roof repair/replacement
  • Electrical, plumbing or mechanical repairs to existing systems
  • Reconstruction or replacement of structural components
  • Septic repair/replacement
  • Roll-in showers and grab bars
  • Ramps
Housing Rehabilitation Contact

For questions about your application, contact:
Dawn Lee

General Conditions and Performance Standards (pdf)
Housing Preservation Policies and Procedures (pdf)

For more information, contact Dawn Lee, 564.397.7811.