Pretrial Release Questions: (564) 397-4414
Supervised Probation or Deferred Prosecution Questions: (564) 397-4151
Bench Probation Questions: (564) 397-4113
Clark County District Court Probation
The Probation department operates under the direction of Clark County District Court to provide court-ordered supervision, investigations and classes. In partnership with government and community agencies, Probation promotes community safety through the use of evidence-based practices and appropriate interventions while working with offenders to encourage good social behavior and reduce recidivism.
Research–based tools/methods include:
- Pre-trial risk assessment and investigation
- Post-conviction risk/needs assessments targeting higher risk offenders and behaviors that result in criminal behavior
- Gender-responsive supervision
- Case planning
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive behavioral classes
- Supervision in District Court’s therapeutic, problem-solving courts
- Pre-trial release and supervision staff investigate arrested individuals and provide information to the courts for a determination on release and financial eligibility for the appointment of counsel. Staff supervise defendants who are released by District and Superior courts pending adjudication.
- Supervised probation participants are required to report in person regularly to their assigned probation officer and comply with all court-ordered conditions.
- Bench probation and deferred prosecution participants must comply with all court-ordered conditions but are not required to report in person regularly.
- Restitution staff investigate and establish damages and/or loss of property for victims of crime.
- Classes staff instruct/facilitate evidence-based classes.
Offenders may be ordered by the court to pay a fee for probation services. Probation fees are added to the fine/fees associated to the case(s) in District Court. Probation fees are paid thru District Court.
Requests for public records:
To request public records involving Probation, visit www.clark.wa.gov/councilors/public-records
"Committed to Excellence For Those We Serve"