Vancouver, WA – Documents covering proposed changes to the local growth management plan have been submitted to the Washington Department of Commerce for the state review required to update the plan.
Two binders of material on the county’s “preferred alternative” were transmitted last week. Topics include proposed changes to zoning, urban growth areas and county code. The package also includes:
- Updates to planning policies;
- Draft capital facilities plan;
- Draft county capital facilities financial plan;
- Long-range road plan (arterial atlas);
- Final supplemental environmental impact statement;
- Commerce check list;
- Proposed impact fees (parks, schools and transportation); and
- Public comments.
Meanwhile, public hearings are scheduled this month for the Planning Commission and Board of County Councilors, followed by deliberations in June. All sessions will be at the Public Service Center, Sixth Floor, 1300 Franklin St., as follows:
- May 19, 6:30 p.m.: Joint public hearing on entire plan update, including environmental impact statement
- May 24, 6:30 p.m.: Joint public hearing on entire plan update, including environmental impact statement
- June 2, 6:30 p.m.: Planning Commission deliberations
- June 21, 10 a.m.: Board of County Councilors deliberations
(360) 397-2280 ext. 4112