A resolution related to the Buildable Lands Report will be presented for approval to Council on June 21, 2022 at 6 p.m., consistent with the Council action on June 7, 2022. Meeting materials can be found on this page under the June 21 meeting entry.
The report is required to be submitted to the State Department of Commerce per RCW 36.70A 215. The report submittal is due to the state by June 30, 2022.
In 2017, E2SSB 5254 was passed by the state Legislature and constituted the first major revision to the Buildable Lands Review and Evaluation Program [RCW 36.70A.215] since its inception in 1997. In December 2018, the Department of Commerce issued new guidelines for the Buildable Lands Program. These new guidelines will ensure that Clark County’s methodology complies with the recent legislative amendments.
Clark County and its cities are launching a review of the guidelines to identify new requirements outlined in the guidelines, gather public feedback, and recommend to council any modifications to the current methodologies, if necessary. Following council approval, the county will run a series of model calibrations, collect permit data through December 2020, and coordinate with cities prior to completing the buildable lands analysis.
Clark County’s next Buildable Lands Report is due to Commerce by June 30, 2022, three years prior to the next Comprehensive Plan periodic update in 2025.
Project Advisory Committee (PAC)
The PAC's role is to review and recommend modifications to the Buildable Lands Program based on new guidelines from Commerce. Their recommendations will be brought before the public, planning commission and county council for consideration.
Ground Truthing Maps
June 21, 2022 - Council Hearing at 6 p.m. - Separate Business Agenda (in-person, online, and live streaming on CVTV).
- Staff Report
- Public comments from June 8 to present
June 7, 2022 - Council Hearing (continued from March 1 and April 19) at 10 a.m. (in-person, online, and live streaming on CVTV.
- Buildable Lands Report-Final Draft-06-07-2022
- Staff Memo
- VBLM proposed refinements
- Public comments from April 20 to present
April 19, 2022 - Council Hearing (continued from March 1) at 6 p.m. (in-person, online, and live streaming on CVTV.
- Buildable Lands Report-Final Draft
- Staff Memo
- March 17 Stakeholder Meeting Video
- Stakeholder comments received through March 17
- March 17 Staff presentation for stakeholder meeting
- Council inquiry and staff response
- Public comments from Feb. 15 to present
- Buildable Lands Report Overview Presentation
- Vacant Buildable Lands Model Presentation
March 17, 2022 - Stakeholder Meeting at 3 p.m. via Teams
Join by computer: Meeting link
Join by telephone: +1 213-262-7046 / ID#: 531 752 274
March 1, 2022 - Council Hearing (continued from Feb. 15) at 10 a.m. via Webex and live streaming on CVTV.
- Memo-Follow up from Feb. 15 Council Hearing and Feb. 23 Council Time
- VBLM presentation
Feb. 15, 2022 - Council Hearing at 6 p.m. via Webex and live streaming on CVTV.
June 29, 2021 - Council Hearing continued from June 15- 10:00 a.m.
Additional information/materials requested by Council and provided by staff:
- Council Resolution Exhibit 1
- PAC Meeting 7 Memo (Referenced in the Exhibit 1)
- School and Park Lands Presentation
- School and Park Lands Memo with Attachments
Documents produced by the Building Industry Coalition:
- Buildable Lands Guidelines
- Line 19 BIA Coalition Recommendation - Market Factor
- Line 21 BIA Coalition Recommendation - Infrastructure Set-Aside
- Line 22 BIA Coalition Recommendation - Set-Aside for Schools
- Line 23 BIA Coalition Recommendation - Set-Aside for Parks
- Market Factor Recommendation Final
- Responsible Growth Forum Study - Comp Plan 2016
- DEAB Memo on Comp Plan 2016
Also see materials and public comments under June 15, 2021 Council Hearing below.
June 15, 2021 - Council Hearing - 6:00 p.m.
- Staff Report
- Staff Presentation
- ECONorthwest Presentation
- ECONorthwest Memo
- Industry Market Factor Model
- Exhibit 1: Buildable Lands PAC Report
- Exhibit 2: Memo on Infrastructure Deductions
- Exhibit 3: March 24 Memo on Buildable Lands Project- March 2021 Follow Up
- Exhibit 4: Correspondence
- Exhibit 5: April 1 Memo on Buildable Lands Project- March 2021 Follow Up
- Exhibit 6: City of Vancouver Letter to County Council
- Exhibit 7: Four Vacant Buildable Lands Model Versions
- Public Comments
March 3, 2021 - Council Work Session - 9:00 a.m.
Jan. 29, 2020 - Council Work Session - 10:30 a.m.
- Issue Summary Memo
Oct.1, 2019 – Council Hearing
Jul. 16, 2019 - Council hearing
May 29, 2019 - Council Work Session