Public records requests

Requesting Community Development records? 

Almost all Community Development records are limited to our program areas and are for parcels in unincorporated Clark County only. Check the jurisdiction and department to ensure that you are requesting records from the correct place. 

Public Records Portal

The county has implemented a Public Records Request Portal to make the request process more efficient and transparent. We are requesting all of our customers use this portal.

To get started with your request, access the Public Records Request Portal, create your account, and submit your request. When filling out your request, please include as much information as possible. If applicable to your request, the following information will help us do our research:

  • Address
  • Parcel number
  • Project name
  • Permit number

You may also submit your request in writing using the appropriate form below. We will enter your request into the portal. 


  • Paper copies 
    • Oversized maps and plans - $3.50 each

For large requests and installments, the county may:

  • Require deposit of up to 10 percent of the estimated cost before making copies
  • Provide copies in installments
  • Require advance payment before providing further installments

Records index

The Board of County Councilors finds that Clark County government is comprised of many branches, boards, departments, divisions, subdivisions, agencies, offices, commissions, and many other county entities that maintain separate and distinct recordkeeping systems. The records are voluminous, diverse, complex, and are stored in incompatible databases. Indexing of these records would be overwhelmingly costly to the Clark County taxpayers, while substantially interfering with effective and timely county office operations. As a result, it would be unduly burdensome, if not physically impossible, to develop an index of those records identified in RCW 42.56.070(3) or as the statute may be amended in the future.

Some records are exempt from public disclosure. Please refer to this list: Exemption and Prohibition Statutes Not Listed in Chapter 42.56 RCW.

Contact for Community Development records:

Address: PO Box 9810, Vancouver WA 98666-9810
Phone: 564.397.2375
Fax: 564.397.2011

GIS map portion

Almost all Community Development records are for parcels in unincorporated Clark County only. Save yourself time by checking that the parcel/address you are requesting records for is not within a city limits boundary. 

To find the jurisdiction, please visit, enter the address or parcel (tax) number and click search. Your local jurisdiction is listed in the left-hand column of the main page.

If you are unsure which department to choose when entering your records request, please use our Public Records Reference Guide to review the most common records request types and the location in which they can be sought.