All in-person services at the Permit Center require an appointment. To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com.
You can register, apply for, in most cases pay, and track permits online via the public portal from the comfort of your office or home!
- Land Use Review
- Development Engineering
- Public Works Forestry
- Public Works Development Inspection
Be sure to visit the CC LMS Training page where you will learn how to create an account, estimate fees, apply for a permit, or sign up for training.
Check back with us frequently as we announce new features, releases, and planned maintenance on our systems.
Key points to remember:
- Anyone with an online account can apply for a permit
- Complete this simple registration to create an account
- Refer to the Tidemark to LMS Crosswalk to determine the new permit type
- View or download a How-To Guide
- Quick Permits: Apply and pay online, print from your browser
* A standard convenience fee will apply to online payments
- Pay your fees online - learn how
The Permit Center will not accept checks in excess of the amount due at submittal. Additionally, if you apply and pay for the wrong permit, you will not receive a full refund; $200 will be held for processing the error.
Oftentimes, customers coming to the Permit Center bring checks written for the wrong amounts. There are three reasons for errors:
- Using the Fee Estimate report as the basis for determining fees
- Entering incorrect information during the application process
- Writing checks for the entire fees due when only application fees are due at submittal
This presents significant challenges for staff, presents customers with an extended refund wait time (six weeks minimum), and is very expensive for the county to process.
We encourage customers to pay online at time of submittal or complete their check once the application has been processed.
New Home Construction stormwater review
Beginning June 1, 2022, Development Engineering will review Stormwater Minimum Requirements (MR) #1-5 for NHC/ADS building permits. The Permit Center will notify Development Engineering staff who will reach out to the applicant to start the submittal process. This is an ENG case in CC LMS and the fee is $345.00. The applicant (creator of the job) is responsible for submittals and payments.
Effective May 1, 2022, building valuations will change based on the International Code Council annual update.
Fees calculated on square footage or estimated valuations will increase. The average increase is about fifteen percent.
Get the latest information for your project
Permit application submittal guidelines
Visit our permit application submittal guidelines page for important information and instructions regarding application, submittal and issuance of your permit.
We are requesting all applicants to apply online prior to making their permit application appointment.
Handouts and forms
Use our handouts and forms to familiarize yourself with permit requirements, submittal requirements and other important permit information prior to applying online.