You can view and/or download our how-to guides. They includes step by step instructions for creating an account, requesting inspections, and viewing your permit information.
Through our online permitting system, we offer fee estimates for the following permits.
- New Home Construction
- Accessory structure
- Additional Dwelling Space
- Mobile Home
- Commercial - New and Existing
- Multi-family Residence
- Cell Tower
To estimate fees:
- Create an account on CC LMS.
- From your HOME screen, select the Estimate Fees link.
- Select the permit you would like to estimate.
- Fill out the required information and the Fee Estimate will be generated.
- Print your customer report. NOTE: This is an estimate only and fees are subject to change.
- When you are ready to apply for your permit, convert your Fee Estimate to a permit without having to re-enter the details. Some additional information will be required.
YES! It’s as easy as selecting the ‘Apply for Permit’ button at the bottom of your fee estimate. You won’t have to re-enter any details you already submitted, but you will need to fill in some additional data.
This video demonstrates the process of applying online for a Commercial Existing (CME) permit in Clark County’s online permitting system. A Commercial Existing permit is required for scopes of work such as Business Name Change, Demise Walls, Move-In Only, Move-In Plus, Remodel of Existing Space/Building, Repair of Existing Space/Building, or Tenant Improvements.
Please note, we now require that you upload your documents. See instructions here.
Making a payment using your online CC LMS account is an easy way to pay for all your permits in one location. A guide is available for downloading.
Who can pay for permits?
Payment of fees can be made by the Applicant or the Authorized Agent as designated by the applicant. Use these instructions to designate an Authorized Agent.
Which status allows payment?
- Building and Fire fees:
- If paid by the Authorized Agent, the applicant must still submit permit
- Application Incomplete
- If paid by the Authorized Agent, applicant must still re-submit permit
- Ready to Issue
- Land Use, Wetland Habitat, Engineering and Forestry:
- All statuses
What form of payment is accepted online?
Fees can be paid online via credit card or electronic check. Below are the non-refundable fees mandated by our online payment service provider.
How do I pay?
Paying for outstanding fees on your permit(s) can be accomplished from two different locations in CC LMS.
Option 1: Using the PAY menu
- Any permit with outstanding fees will be listed here
- You can select and pay for one or more permits at a time
Option 2: Using the DETAILS tab when viewing a specific permit
- Allows for payment of one permit at a time
NOTE: You must pay the full permit fee balance – we cannot accept partial payments of fees.
Option 1: Pay menu
- Select the ‘Pay’ menu item above. This window presents all permits that you have access to as the Applicant and/or the Authorized Agent. You cannot check or uncheck the Authorized Agent column – this is a read only field.
- Check the ‘Select’ box of the permit(s) you wish to pay for. You can select more than one permit. If you wish to see the individual fee items that make up the outstanding fees, select the ‘View Fees’ link below the Outstanding Balance column at the far right of each row.
- Once you have selected the permit(s), click on the ‘Pay Selected’ button at the bottom.
- You will be directed to Point and Pay for your credit card or e-check transaction.
Option 2: Details tab on the permit
- Select the ‘My Activities’ tab as shown above
- Locate the permit you want to pay for and click on the paper icon hot link
- From the Details tab above, view the outstanding fees
- Select the ‘Recalculate Fees’ button to update the page
- Select the ‘Pay Fees’ button as shown below
- You will be directed to Point and Pay for your credit card or e-check transaction
Point and Pay
Fill in the required Cardholder information.
Select Payment Method
• Credit or Debit Card
• Electronic Check
For Credit or Debit Card, fill in card number, expiration date and CVV number.
For Electronic Check, fill in routing number, account number and re-enter account number. Then select Account Type. Next click Continue.
Check the box to agree to Terms and Conditions.
Click Submit Payment.
You may also use view and download a guide to learn how to schedule inspections.
Customers have three easy ways to schedule inspections:
- using CC LMS without logging in
- using CC LMS while logged in to your account
- calling in on the county’s IVR phone system
From the CC LMS HOME screen, once you have read any important notices, scroll down to the Inspection Request header, by-passing the log-in section and select the Inspection Request link.
Be sure to read any notices that are posted on the Inspection Request page as they may impact your request. Select your permit type and enter the number. Select the ‘Search’ button
NOTE: Inspections are generally conducted between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Inspection requests must be made by 10 pm the day before the requested inspection. Next day inspections are not guaranteed.
After verifying the Site Address and permit Expiration Date, select the ‘Request Inspection’ link.
Note: if your permit is due to expire, you will need to contact the county to renew your permit. See contact information below.
Select the preferred date for your inspection. Populate the required fields (indicated by a red asterisk *). Please provide any special instructions and a contact phone number so you can be reached by the inspector. Select the ‘Request Inspection’ link.
NOTE: If not logged in, you can only request one inspection at a time.
If your request is unsuccessful, look for an error message like the one below. Follow any suggested steps.
Once your inspection is successfully requested, confirm the inspection number, and write down your confirmation number. At this point, you can…
- Request another inspection for the same permit
- Cancel an inspection for the same permit
- Request an inspection for a different permit
On the HOME screen, select the ‘My Activities’ tab. Locate the permit that requires an inspection and select the ‘Request Inspection’ link to the right of the row. If you do not see your permit listed, select the ‘Show more…’ link at the bottom.
From the Request Inspection screen, on the job in question, select the Requested Date field and add Special Instructions for the inspector.
NOTE: Inspections are generally conducted between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Inspection requests must be made by 10 pm the day before the requested inspection. Next day inspections are not guaranteed.
NOTE: If you are logged in to your CC LMS account, you can request multiple inspections on the same permit at one convenient time.
Check one or more inspections and select the ‘Request Inspection’ button.
You will receive a ‘Confirmation of Inspection request’ notice upon successful inspection scheduling.
Please select this link to open our guide for scheduling inspections via IVR.
Building Inspections Line (inspection requests): 564.397.4912
Building Safety 564.397.4912, email@example.com
CCLMS System Support Line (technical questions): 564.397.2347, CCLMSsupport@clark.wa.gov
The following documents are available online to download and print, depending on permit type and permit status.
|Application Summary||Any status, except Draft|
|Building or Fire Permit||Issued|
|Temporary C of O (Commercial only) *||Issued, if requested by inspector|
|Job Complete *||Issued, after all fees, conditions, and holds are released|
|Certificate of Occupancy *||Issued, after all fees, conditions, and holds are released|
* Document varies based on permit type.
You will see this list of documents when you are in your permit and are in the Details tab.
A Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Completion are offered online for permits in CC LMS. The final certificate will be ready for download after the following have been completed:
- Outstanding conditions or hold completion process have been accepted
- Any conditions that were placed on the permit that will hold up occupancy/completion
- Any holds that were placed on the permit that will hold up “completion”.
- All required inspections are accepted
- Final building inspection
- Final fire (if applicable)
- Any associated permits have been issued that may pertain to the job
- Any other additional permits
- Any other agency approvals have been completed
- Clark Regional Wastewater District
- Public Health
- Fire Marshal
- Any other additional approvals
Step-by-step instructions are below or you may use this guide.
Log in to CC LMS to view your permits at permits.clark.wa.gov.
Click on Search
Click on “My Permit Search”
You can search in a variety of ways. Permit type, permit number, location, or job status are recommended.
Click on Search
Click on the Permit Icon to open your permit
Click on Download Certificate of Occupancy