Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 provide that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
Title VI prohibits people from being excluded from participation in, being denied benefits of, or being subjected to discrimination under any program, project, or activity of Federal Aid Recipients, sub-recipients, and contractors. Title VI compliance is a condition of receiving federal funds for Clark County transportation projects.
Clark County Documents
- 2020 Clark County Title VI Approval Letter
- 2020 Clark County Title VI Accomplishment Report
- 2019 Clark County Title VI Accomplishment Report (PDF)
- 2018 Clark County Title VI Accomplishment Report (PDF)
- 2017 Clark County Title VI Accomplishment Report (PDF)
- Title VI Plan – Dec 2021 (PDF).
- Title VI Notice to the Public (PDF)
- Title VI Policy of Non-Discrimination Statement (PDF)
How to file a complaint
If you feel you have been discriminated against under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, please view our Title VI Complaint Procedures and use the Title VI Complaint Form to file a complaint. If you would like to talk to someone about a possible complaint, please call 564-397-4944 (TTY: 711) or send us an email.
Cómo presentar una queja
Si siente que ha sido discriminado en virtud del Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles, lea nuestros Procedimientos de Quejas del Título VI (PDF) y use el Formulario de Quejas del Título VI (PDF) para presentar una. Si desea hablar con alguien sobre una posible queja, llame al 564-397-4944 (TTY: 711) o envíenos un correo electrónico.
- Equal Opportunity Policy, Clark County Human Resources
- Equal Opportunity - Title VI, Washington State Department of Transportation
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, U.S. Department of Justice
Additional Sources of Information
- US Department of Justice - Title VI
- US Department of Transportation - Environmental Justice
- Limited English Proficiency
If you have questions or would like any further information related to Title VI complaint procedures or any related issues please contact:
Clark County Public Works Title VI Coordinator
Call: 564-397-4944 (TTY: 711)
Clark County Public Works
Title VI Coordinator
PO Box 9810
Vancouver, WA 98666-9810