Financial Aid for On-Site Sewage Systems

Financial Assistance for the Repair/Replacement of On-Site Sewage Systems or Connection to Public Sewer Utilities.

Clark County Public Health (CCPH) is dedicated to the protection of ground and surface waters, preventing direct exposure to sewage, and protecting homeowner investments. Properly operating on-site sewage system infrastructure is critical towards these goals.  CCPH recognizes repairs or replacement of an on-site sewage system, or connection to municipal sewer is expensive. In response, CCPH has partnered with multiple agencies and programs to financially assist property owners.

On-site sewage Repairs or Replacement:


Clark County partners with Craft3, a local nonprofit lender, to offer an affordable loan to repair or replace failing septic systems. The loan covers the full costs of designing, permitting, installing and maintaining your septic system, including sewer connections, when approved by the county. Owner and non-owner occupied properties are eligible to apply, including commercial, secondary, rental and vacation properties. Special rates and deferred payment options may be available for homeowners with lower incomes.

Clark County Community Services Single-Family Housing Rehabilitation Program:

The Housing Rehabilitation Program is available to low-to-moderate income homeowners who live in Clark County and in the Woodland city limits. Funding for the program is through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program under Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974. 

United States Department of Agriculture:

The USDA offers rural residents (properties outside city limits and urban growth boundaries) two types of loans. Single Family Housing Direct Home Loans (Section 502 Direct Loan Program). Single Family Housing Repair Loans and Grants (Section 504 Home Repair Program). 

Public Sewer Utilities:

Some sewer providers provide financing options to connect a property to public sewer. Please contact your local provider to determine sewer availability and financing options.

City of Vancouver

Clark Regional Wastewater District

City of Camas

City of Washougal

City of Woodland