Before ordering certificates, funeral homes will need to register for an online profile. Once that has been completed, all your orders will be submitted online. Clark County Vital Records does not accept email or paper applications from funeral homes.
- Funeral home profile registration
- From the portal home page, click on the log-in box in the upper right-hand corner and follow the on-screen instructions.
- It is recommended that you use a general email address for your account that everyone in your office has access to. All notifications from the online portal regarding orders and invoices will go to this email address.
- Ordering certificates online
- From the portal home page, click on the log-in box in the upper right-hand corner to log in.
- To place an order:
- Go to My Profile on the left
- Click on your Facility
- Click on Start a Service Request. The options for ordering certificates are Standard Order, Correction and Copy and VA certificate. When ordering a VA certificate, be ready to upload a copy of the DD214 or equivalent.
- To pay for your orders:
- Go to My Profile on the left
- Click on Submitted applications
- Click on an invoice to expand it
- Click Add to Cart
- Once all orders are in the cart, click on Cart in the upper left corner
- Click on Checkout and enter payment information
- Funeral homes will pay for all orders at the time of request or at the end of each business day.
- Issuance will occur the business day following the order in most cases.
- Clark County Vital Records can mail the certificate to the family or your business. Mailing fees will apply to each order. Mailing fees are $5.00 standard mail, $15.00 UPS 2ndday delivery, and $40.00 UPS next business day delivery. Orders can also be picked up in person on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Payments are made for each single order, or combined orders can be paid for by 9:00 pm each business day.
- Payment can be made via debit or credit card, or by e-check using your routing and check number.
- Convenience fees apply to all online payments. These are third party charges.*
- We will no longer hold orders for certificates "with cause" when the Cause of Death has not yet been assigned.
- Refunds will not be issued for orders placed for records not ready for issuance. For example:
- Records that are not yet approved by the physician.
- Records that are not approved in EDRS.
- Refunds will be issued via the third-party processor for orders placed in error. Examples include:
- Orders in which payment was declined at the point of sale
- Orders in which the death occurred in a state other than Washington
- Orders that are missing shipping or order fees
- Orders in which the incorrect number of certificates were ordered
*Electronic Check Convenience Fee
Sale Amount Convenience Fee
Any amount $2.95
Debit and Credit Convenience Fee Table:
|Sale Amount||Convenience Fee|
|$0.01 to $50.00||$2.00|
|$50.01 to $100.00||$2.95|
|$100.01 to $200.00||$4.95|
|$200.01 to $300.00||$6.95|
|$300.01 to $400.00||$8.95|
|$400.01 to $500.00||$10.95|
|$500.01 to $600.00||$12.95|
|$600.01 to $700.00||$14.95|
|$700.01 to $800.00||$16.95|
|$800.01 to $900.00||$18.95|
|$900.01 to $1,000.00||$20.95|
|$1,000.01 to $1,100.00||$22.95|
|$1,100.01 to $1,200.00||$24.95|
|$1,200.01 to $1,300.00||$26.95|
|$1,300.01 to $1,400.00||$28.95|
|$1,400.01 to $1,500.00||$30.95|
|$1,500.01 to $1,600.00||$32.95|
If you have questions, please email A'ndrea Lee or call at 564.397.7257.