Whether you are planning to open a new or purchase an existing full service restaurant or a coffee kiosk, a plan review application must be submitted to ensure the facility meets Washington State Retail Food Code. Types of Food Service Establishments (FSE) that fall into this category include but are not limited to:
- Grocery stores
- Delis, meat and fish markets, bakery (retail service only)
- Beverage-only facilities such as wine tasting, tap rooms and coffee kiosks
- Travelers accommodations with food service (Hotel, motel, bed&breakfast, Air B&B etc)
- Public kitchens (to rent out to other permitted operators such as caterers, mobile units, etc)
- Seasonal food service (such as Little League concession stands)
- Caterers (Food service that involves preparation in an approved kitchen for final cooking or service at another location during a private event)
*School food service, mobile units, temporary and annual event permits have their own plan review applications and are not covered in this section.
Plan Review Documents
Be sure all items on this checklist are addressed in your application submittal to reduce plan review time.
Review and approval timelines are faster when complete information is included in the initial plan submittal.
- Food Service Plan Review Application (only required for in person/mail submittals)
- Food Service Permit Application (only required for in person/mail submittals)
- Finishes document
- Illness Policy
- Vomit and Diarrhea Clean-up Plan
- Date Marking
Documents required for specific processes:
How to Submit for Review
- Online: Visit our Online Permitting Portal. Be sure to review the Online Users Guide document for instructions on how to register for a profile, submit and make payments.
- In person: Please note that an appointment is required for in person submissions. Book your appointment now.
- By mail: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted by mail at:
Clark County Environmental Health
PO Box 9825
Vancouver, WA 98666
*If payment is not provided with application materials, a plan review will not occur, and documents will be returned.