Food Service Establishment

Whether you are planning to open a new or purchase an existing full service restaurant or a coffee kiosk, a plan review application must be submitted to ensure the facility meets Washington State Retail Food Code.  Types of Food Service Establishments (FSE) that fall into this category include but are not limited to:

  • Restaurants
  • Grocery stores
  • Delis, meat and fish markets, bakery (retail service only)
  • Beverage-only facilities such as wine tasting, tap rooms and coffee kiosks
  • Travelers accommodations with food service (Hotel, motel, bed&breakfast, Air B&B etc)
  • Public kitchens (to rent out to other permitted operators such as caterers, mobile units, etc)
  • Seasonal food service (such as Little League concession stands)
  • Caterers (Food service that involves preparation in an approved kitchen for final cooking or service at another location during a private event)

*School food service, mobile units, temporary and annual event permits have their own plan review applications and are not covered in this section.

Required forms-Download, fill out, save and submit

On-line Application Submittals:

In person and mail Application Submittals:

How to apply

  • Online: Visit our Online Permitting portal. Be sure to review the Online Users 'How To' Guide for instructions on how to register for a profile, submit and make payments.
  • In person: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted in person at the Center for Community Health located on the 3rd floor of building 17 at 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98666
  • By mail: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted by mail at:

​Clark County Environmental Health
PO Box  9825
Vancouver, WA 98666