Mobile food establishments have specific requirements and limitations based on food provided in the unit. For this reason, mobile food establishments have different application requirements including route plan, restroom, and commissary arrangements for any food prep performed in a separate kitchen other than the mobile unit. Mobile units must have built-in plumbing and be readily movable.
Plan review documents
Please download, fill out, save and submit the following documents.
- Mobile Plan Review Checklist
- Mobile Food Unit Plan Review Requirements
- Food Preparation Plan
- Annual Commissary Kitchen Agreement
- Annual Restroom Agreement
- Annual Route/Event Location Agreement
- Food Service Plan Review Application (in person and mail submittals only)
- Food Service Permit Application (in person and mail submittals only)
- Labor and Industry (L&I) approval information: L&I review and approval is required for any enclosed mobile food unit. It is highly recommended to verify requirements and submit your application with L&I as soon as possible to avoid any delays on your Health Department plan review approval. The Health Department can perform an evaluation of your plan review while you are waiting for L&I approval. Proof of L&I approval is required prior to final plan review approval and obtaining a Health Department Permit.
Information pages for other jurisdictions
There are different requirements and regulations depending on where you plan to operate your Mobile food service truck or cart in Clark County. Contact the city or county for information.
How to apply
- Online: Visit our Online Permitting portal. Be sure to review the Online Users 'How To' Guide for instructions on how to register for a profile, submit and make payments.
- In person: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted in person at the Center for Community Health located on the 3rd floor of building 17 at 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98666
- By mail: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted by mail at:
Clark County Environmental Health
PO Box 9825
Vancouver, WA 98666