Mobile food establishments have specific requirements and limitations based on food provided in the unit. For this reason, mobile food establishments have different application requirements including route plan, restroom, and commissary arrangements for any food prep performed in a separate kitchen other than the mobile unit. Mobile units must have built-in plumbing and be readily movable.
Plan review documents
Please download, fill out, save and submit the following documents
Be sure all items on this checklist are addressed in your application submittal to reduce plan review time.
Review and approval timelines are faster when complete information is included in the initial plan submittal.
- Mobile Plan Review Checklist
- Mobile Food Unit Plan Proposal
- Food Preparation Plan
- Annual Commissary Kitchen Agreement
- Annual Restroom Agreement
- Annual Route/Event Location Agreement
- Finishes document
- Illness Policy
- Vomit and Diarrhea Clean-up Plan
- Date Marking
- Food Service Plan Review Application (in person/mail submittals only)
- Food Service Permit Application (in person/mail submittals only)
Documents required for specific processes:
Required prior to permit issuance
- Labor and Industry (L&I) approval information: L&I review and approval is required for any enclosed mobile food unit. It is highly recommended to verify requirements and submit your application with L&I as soon as possible to avoid any delays on your Health Department plan review approval. The Health Department can perform an evaluation of your plan review while you are waiting for L&I approval. Proof of L&I approval is required prior to final plan review approval and obtaining a Health Department Permit.
Required when "stationary" service is proposed
Building/Community Development Departments may require approval to remain and serve from a single location. There are different requirements and regulations depending on where you plan to operate your Mobile food service truck or cart in Clark County. Contact the city or county for information.
- Clark County Community Development: Mobile Units operating in Clark County Jurisdiction may require a Land Use Site Plan Review if staying in a service location overnight. Contact email@example.com to determine if a Land Use Review applies to your mobile operation.
- Clark Regional Wastewater District: please contact Kristen Thomas via email or phone at 360.993.8833.
- City of Ridgefield
- City of Vancouver
How to apply:
- Online: Visit our Online Permitting portal. Be sure to review the Online Users 'How To' Guide for instructions on how to register for a profile, submit and make payments.
- In person: Please note that an appointment is required for in person submissions. Book your appointment now.
- By mail: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted by mail at:
Clark County Environmental Health
PO Box 9825
Vancouver, WA 98666
*If payment is not provided with application materials, a plan review will not occur, and documents will be returned.