Virtual Open House
Thank you to everyone who joined us at our open house! The open house was held virtually on Wednesday, March 9, 2022.
To watch a recording of the virtual open house, click on the link below.
Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue is a two-lane urban arterial roadway that carries up to 800 vehicles an hour. Vehicle speeds are high and pedestrian/bicycle use is heavy. The existing roadway is challenging for pedestrians. In sections where sidewalks are missing, pedestrians are forced to walk on the narrow roadway shoulder and/or navigate rough, uneven terrain. There are schools near Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue and many students walk alongside, and cross, the roadway to get to their schools. There are transit routes along Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue, and additional stops on Northeast 99th Street, including the 99th Street Transit Center, as well as stops south of Northeast 99th Street. The combination of heavy traffic, and the missing sidewalks creates safety concerns. Clark County Public Works intends to address these issues through sidewalk and safety improvements, scheduled to be built in 2022.
This project will:
- Construct missing/damaged sidewalk segments and curb ramps to Americans with Disabilities Act, or ADA, standards to complete a continuous sidewalk network from Northeast 99th Street to Northeast 117th Street.
- Restripe shoulders and add hatching, signage, and bike symbols to provide designated bike lanes on both sides of Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue, from Northeast 99th Street to Northeast 117th Street.
- Move existing mid-block crossing at Sacajawea Elementary School south to the intersection at Northeast Hazel Dell Avenue and Northeast 112th Street and install a crossing treatment.
Click here to view PDF map of location
- County: County Road Fund and Traffic Impact Fees
- State: Grant from Transportation Improvement Board- Sidewalk Program
- Federal: Grant from Transportation Alternatives Program
SCHEDULE AND TRAFFIC
This project is scheduled to be constructed in the summer of 2022. A virtual open house will be scheduled early next year, and a Heads Up will be sent out with more details. For questions before then, please contact the project manager listed below by phone or email.
Scott Sawyer, project manager
Real Property Services