The Clark County Solid Waste Advisory Commission is a ten-member panel appointed by the Clark County Council that represents a broad spectrum of the community.
The commission advises the Clark County Council on solid waste matters including:
- Helping develop programs and policies concerning solid waste handling and disposal and reviewing and commenting on proposed rules, policies or ordinances prior to adoption
- Participating in current solid waste planning and development of future Solid Waste Management Plans
- Investigating new developments in solid waste management practices and recommending further investigation or adoption of the practices, which will improve local solid waste management
- Recommending to the Board of County Councilors and Clark County Public Health appropriate and necessary solutions to solid waste problems as may be presented by local citizens, private industry or others.
- Advising Clark County Public Health in evaluating applications for permits for solid waste handling facilities and disposal sites
- Advising the county council or county staff in other specific solid waste matters, such as designing or siting solid waste facilities as directed by the board on a project-by-project basis
- Maintaining communication with the citizens represented by each member to further public information and citizen input
- Encouraging, supporting and promoting the reduction, recovery and reuse of resources contained in solid waste
To contact the Solid Waste Advisory Commission or be added to the distribution list to receive meeting reminders and updates, please email SWAC@clark.wa.gov.
|Representing||Member Name||Term Began||Term Expires|
|Agriculture||Joe Zimmerman (Vice Chair)||Feb. 2020||Dec. 31, 2025|
|At-Large||Mike Mulligan||Mar. 2022||Sep. 30, 2024|
|Business||Jason Presser (Chair)||Oct. 2018||Sep. 30, 2024|
|City of Vancouver||Kim Harless||Jan. 2022||Dec. 31, 2023|
|North County||Reuben Greer||May 2022||May 31, 2025|
|Public Interest Groups||Gabe Fauvelle||Mar. 2023||Feb. 28, 2026|
|Small Cities and Towns||Simone Auger||Dec. 2014||Mar. 31, 2024|
|Solid Waste Industry||Derek Ranta||Mar. 2018||Mar. 31, 2024|
|Southeast County||Tim Kraft||Oct. 2018||Sep. 30, 2024|
|Southwest County||Kyle Potter||July 2019||Jun. 30, 2025|
SWAC Meeting Schedule
The commission holds Regular Meetings from 6-8 pm on the first Thursday of February, May, August, and November. Periodically, Special Meetings may be scheduled, as needed. Meetings can be attended in person, or virtually by clicking the link below, at the time of the meetings.
- February 1, 2024
- May 2, 2024
- August 1, 2024
- November 7, 2024
Clark County Public Health
1601 E. Fourth Plain Blvd. Room 210
Vancouver, WA 98661
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 897 0542 3785