The Clark County Solid Waste Advisory Commission is a ten-member panel appointed by the Clark County Council that represents a broad spectrum of the community.
The commission meets at 6 pm on the first Thursday of February, May, August and November at the Center for Community Health, 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98661, Room 210AB.
The commission advises the Clark County Council on solid waste matters including:
- Helping develop programs and policies concerning solid waste handling and disposal and reviewing and commenting on proposed rules, policies or ordinances prior to adoption
- Participating in current solid waste planning and development of future solid waste management plans
- Investigating new developments in solid waste management practices and recommending further investigation or adoption of the practices, which will improve local solid waste management
- Recommending to the Board of County Councilors and Clark County Public Health appropriate and necessary solutions to solid waste problems as may be presented by local citizens, private industry or others.
- Advising Clark County Public Health in evaluating applications for permits for solid waste handling facilities and disposal sites
- Advising the county council or county staff in other specific solid waste matters, such as designing or siting solid waste facilities as directed by the board on a project-by-project basis
- Maintaining communication with the citizens represented by each member to further public information and citizen input
- Encouraging, supporting and promoting the reduction, recovery and reuse of resources contained in solid waste
To contact the Solid Waste Advisory Commission or be added to the distribution list to receive meeting reminders and updates, please email SWAC@clark.wa.gov.
|Representing||Member Name||Term Began||Term Expires|
|Agriculture||Joe Zimmerman (Vice Chair)||Feb. 2020||Dec. 31, 2025|
|At-Large||Mike Mulligan||Mar. 2022||Sep. 30, 2024|
|Business||Jason Presser (Chair)||Oct. 2018||Sep. 30, 2024|
|City of Vancouver||Kim Harless||Jan. 2022||Dec. 31, 2023|
|North County||Reuben Greer||May 2022||May 31, 2025|
|Public Interest Groups||Gabe Fauvelle||Mar. 2023||Feb. 28, 2026|
|Small Cities and Towns||Simone Auger||Dec. 2014||Mar. 31, 2024|
|Solid Waste Industry||Derek Ranta||Mar. 2018||Mar. 31, 2024|
|Southeast County||Tim Kraft||Oct. 2018||Sep. 30, 2024|
|Southwest County||Kyle Potter||July 2019||Jun. 30, 2025|
Upcoming SWAC Meetings
The next SWAC meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 2, 2023, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm.
Click the link below to join the meeting at that time.
Join Zoom Meeting
(link coming soon)